Celestron Stereo Telescope Binocular Viewer - 93691
Couldn't load pickup availability
About the Celestron Stereo Telescope Binocular Viewer...
The Celestron Stereo Telescope Binocular Viewer allows you to adapt two eyepieces to the telescope for simultaneous viewing (i.e., like binoculars). The result: a fantastic three dimensional effect when observing many celestial objects.
The Celestron Stereo Telescope Binocular Viewer greatly improves contrast and definition on lunar, planetary and solar subject matter as well as on deep sky objects. Using both eyes to view through a telescope is a new, relaxed and thrilling way to at last enjoy your observing time. When both eyes are open, your eye muscles are relaxed and you do not suffer from eyestrain. To demonstrate just one of the effects you will see, compare an eye chart when examining your eyes. Cover one eye and read the chart to the smallest line you can see clearly. Now remove the cover over the eye, relax for a few seconds and then examine the chart with both eyes open: you can see more detail than with one eye. In addition, the brain corrects for small defects (aberrations) of the eyes when given the information from both eyes.
Beyond a 50 foot distance, pupils are nearly parallel and prevent real stereoscopic viewing. However, since our brain knows (due to near distance experience), we identify distant objects as three dimensional. The more experienced the observer, the more this effect will be apparent in the Celestron Stereo Telescope Binocular Viewer. The optics are precision aligned and coated with Magnesium fluoride. Full 360 degree head rotation is provided, together with 1.25-inch drawtube to fit 2-inch Focuser and 1.25-inch Visual Backs of all Schmidt-Cassegrains and also Focusers of refractors.
Mechanical design of the Celestron Stereo Telescope Binocular Viewer is much improved over American and Japanese models. The 1.25-inch drawtube features 1.25-inch Filter Thread on the entrance side, to accept Celestron 1.25-inch Eyepiece Filters. Utilizes 1.25-inch eyepieces (not included). Must use two eyepieces of equal focal length and design type.
Note: Bino-Viewers may not function with some short focal length refractors and Newtonian reflectors without modification.
Celestron Stereo Telescope Binocular Viewer Features...
- Eyepiece diopter scales for sharp focus
- The Celestron Stereo Binocular Viewer allows you to adapt two eyepieces to your telescope and view with both eyes simultaneously
- In addition to eliminating eye fatigue associated with viewing through one eye for a prolonged period of time, this bino viewer also provides a three dimensional effect while observing many celestial objects
- The Celestron Stereo Binocular Viewer will also improve contrast on deep sky objects as well as solar system objects
- Designed to work with Schmidt-Cassegrain telescopes (SCT) and many refracting telescopes
- Features high quality FMC BAK-4 prisms reduce light loss. Each unit is quality control inspected for collimation and performance
- The Celestron Stereo Binocular Viewer requires you use two eyepieces of equal focal lengths and optical design
- Foam lined aluminum storage case
Celestron Stereo Telescope Binocular Viewer Specifications...
Aperture: 22 mm
IPD Max: 75 mm (2.95 in)
IPD Min: 54 mm (2.13 in)
Optical Coatings: Fully Multi-Coated
Weight (oz): 18 oz (510 g)
Product Dimensions: 4.75" x 4.75" x 1.75"
Storage Case Weight (oz): 11.6 oz (329 g)
Storage Case Dimensions: 6" x 6" x 2.75"Celestron Product Number: 93691