SharpStar 140 mm Dual ED Triplet APO Refractor
- The optical design is improved in this new design
- 140 mm f/6.5 Triplet air-spaced optical design
- Includes two special ED lenses
- f/4.8 full-frame reducer lens can be used
- The appearance is stylish and streamlined
- Brand-new 4-inch dual-speed rack and pinion focuser, 10:1 fine focus
- New focuser: 4-inch focuser
- Universal (Vixen-style) dovetail bar with tube rings
- New attractive and practical handle
- Push-fit drawtube Dew-shield is provided with slidelock
This SharpStar 140PH ED APO 140 mm Apochromatic Refractor Telescope will amaze any user with its special Dual ED lens Triplet design. The optical design makes SharpStar 140PH an excellent imaging and observing telescope with high-level optical performance. The image circle which it provides when a 0.73X 3-inch focal reducer from SharpStar is added makes the 140PH a good match to any full-frame electronic camera, giving you really unparalleled astro-imaging shooting quality.
NOTE: A Focal Reducer is NOT included with this product.
Compared to the traditional commercial triplet APO lens where one ED glass lens is used, this 140PH ED APO SharpStar Refractor adopts dual ED ultra-low dispersion glass lenses in the structure of this triplet objective lens, which reduces chromatic aberration to an even higher level. The luminance, uniformity, color, and sharpness of images have been improved to a degree which will impress and delight users of this telescope.
The image circle which it provides when a 0.73X 3-inch focal reducer from SharpStar is added makes the 140PH a good match to any full-frame digital camera, giving you unparalleled shooting quality. The use of two special ED glass lenses in an air-spaced configuration offers excellent chromatic aberration control, not only in terms of high quality imaging, but takes observation with the 140PH into a new realm. In terms of its sharpness, contrast, or chromatic aberration control, it delivers excellent optical performance.
- Model: 140PH
- Objective: 140 mm Aperture, f/6.5
- Focal Length: 910 mm
- Objective Type: Triplet Air-Spaced APO (ED)
- Form Factor: Two ED lenses (Air-Spaced)
- Resolution: 0.83 arcsecond
- Visual Limit Magnitude: 12.5
- Total Weight: 11.7 kg (w/ Mechanical mounting parts)
- Net Weight: 10.1 kg
- Length (Dewshield Extended): 876.1 mm
- Length (Dewshield Retracted): 738.6 mm
- Main Tube Outer Diameter: 148 mm