Meade LX850 German Equatorial Mount with StarLock and Tripod: "Elevating Performance with High Precision and Payload Capacity." - OpenBox
Couldn't load pickup availability
Unlock the true potential of your astrophotography and take your imaging endeavors to new heights with the Meade LX850 EQ Mount. This exceptional mount sets the standard for precision and payload capacity, offering you an unparalleled experience in capturing breathtaking celestial wonders. Designed and manufactured in North America, this rock-solid platform combines machined stainless steel and aircraft-grade aluminum, ensuring unwavering stability for even the most demanding applications. With an impressive 90-pound payload capacity and pinpoint accuracy, the LX850 empowers you to confidently explore the cosmos with your preferred optical equipment. Experience the thrill of seamless target acquisition and autoguiding with the advanced StarLock dual imager full-time autoguider, backed by Meade's exclusive LightSwitch technology. Elevate your performance and embark on an astronomical journey like never before with the Meade LX850 EQ Mount!
Meade Instruments proudly introduces the new standard in astrophotographic performance, the LX850 mount with StarLock dual imager full time autoguider. Includes AutoStar II GOTO system with over 144,000 object library and all the features an advanced visual observer or astrophotographer would ever want. Take your imaging to the next level.
Designed and Manufactured in North America.
The LX850 mount, constructed of machined stainless steel and aircraft grade aluminum is a rock solid platform for the most demanding applications, with a 90 pound payload capacity and pointing accuracy as good as one arcminute. Features include precision roller bearings on each axis, a 1.75 stainless steel RA shaft, 5.8" main gears, fine manual adjustment controls on both axis, illuminated reticle output port, telescope to computer USB cable and AutoStar Suite software. Mount main body weight is 55 pounds. The fully height adjustable (29 to 45") tripod features massive 3" diameter stainless steel legs for rock steady performance and weighs 36 pounds.
Includes StarLock — the advanced technology that makes target acquisition on your imaging sensor and accurate guiding during exposures completely automatic. With Meade's exclusive LightSwitch technology at its core, StarLock uses an 80mm f/5 optic and two camera sensor system to provide computer assisted polar alignment using the drift method. Once aligned the StarLock is guiding the mount in real time, and even automatically programs periodic error correction, achieving a guiding accuracy of up to 1 arcsecond in good seeing and with the capability of guiding on stars as faint as 11th magnitude.
Features DC-servo motors on each axis with a maximum slew speed of 3 degrees per second, allowing slewing 180 degrees to the opposite side of the sky in one minute flat. Fine slewing and photographic guiding speeds can be adjusted from .01x to 1x sidereal, with faster slewing at 2x, 8x, 16x, or 1/4, 1/2, 1 or 3 degrees per second. The mount and all electronics are externally powered by the included Meade Universal Power Supply (12V). An external DC battery or power pack may also be used; Meade 607 Power Cord sold separately. The mount includes both mechanical locks and slow motion manual controls in both axis if for some reason you found yourself without power. Includes single 26 pound stainless steel counterweight, additional weights sold separately.
- Best for viewing: Fainter deep sky
- Best for imaging: Solar, lunar, planetary & Messier objects
- Astro-imaging capability: Lunar, planetary & long exposure
- User level: Advanced
- Optical diameter: 1mm
- Weight rating: 90 lbs.
- Dovetail bar system: Yes
- Computerized compatibility: Go-To included
- Number of objects in database: 144,000
- Tracking rates Sidereal
- Motor speeds: 01x to 1x, 2x, 8x, 16x, 1/4°, 1/2°, 1°, 3°
- Motor type: DC Servo motors with encoders
- Power requirement: 12-volt DC - 5A (tip positive)
- PEC: Yes
- GPS: Included
- Backlash compensation: Yes
- Setting circles Electronic, via the hand controller
- Polar-axis scope: Not available
- Counterweights: One 26 lb.
- Available ports: RS-232, Aux
- Tripod material: Aluminum & Steel
- Tripod leg diameter: 3.00 in.
- Counterweight bar: length12 in.
- Diameter of counterweight shaft: 45mm
- Weight, mount/tripod: 36.0 lbs.
- Weight, fully assembled: 96.0 lbs.
- Additional included accessories: AutoStar II GoTo system, One 26-lb. stainless steel counterweight.
- Other features: StarLock Full-Time Automatic Guiding, AutoStar Suite software, Meade 12V universal power supply included