About the Meade LX850 10" f/8 ACF Telescope...
Meade Telescope proudly introduces the new standard in astrophotograhic and visual performance, the LX850. The fast f/8 Advanced Coma Free optical system produces a wider, flatter field with no coma for pinpoint stars out to the edge of larger imaging sensors and extreme wide angle eyepieces. Includes StarLock full time guider, Crayford style zero shift focuser with reduction, AutoStar II GOTO system with over 144,000 object library, and much more.
The patented Meade Advanced Coma Free (ACF) optical design of the Meade LX850 10" f/8 ACF Telescope offers the coma-free pinpoint star images and flatter image fields greatly desired by discerning amateur astronomers, astrophotographers and professional observatories alike. This patented Meade Telescope system also reduces the astigmatism and eliminates diffraction spikes found in classical RCs.
This Meade 10" LX850 has 10" diameter f/8 ACF optics (focal length 2032mm) and Ultra-High Transmission Coatings (UHTC) for maximum image brightness and contrast. The all new Meade Telescope OTA includes an internal Crayford style zero image shift focusing system with two speed, 7:1 reduction control.
Building on the foundation of the technologically revolutionary LX800, Meade Telescope engineers have taken the next step in astrophotographic evolution and incorporated it into the Meade LX850 10" f/8 ACF Telescope. They have kept the same innovative concepts like Starlock full-time automatic guiding and high-precision pointing, f/8 ACF OTAs with internal Crayford-style two-speed focuser and a portable precision German equatorial mount, but reengineered it to deliver more performance with less user effort.
Here is a brief list of a few of the changes and new features Meade Telescope has made to create the new LX850:
--NEW polished bronze worms in both RA and DEC drives that deliver smooth motion with low periodic error
--NEW larger roller bearings in both RA and DEC axes to better handle large loads
--NEW roller bearings in the RA and DEC clutch assemblies to allow freer motion with the clutches loosened for easier balancing
--NEW one-piece 1 inch thick saddle plate with improved dove tail clamps, thicker OTA dovetail rail and radius blocks to reduce flexure between the OTA and mount
--NEW alterative Starlock mounting position on ACF OTAs for virtually no flexure between StarLock and the primary optics
--NEW StarLock software improvements to guide star selection, tracking/guiding accuracy, Ultra High Precision Pointing, and Drift Alignment
--NEW StarLock automatic guide rate calibration which analyzes the sky conditions and sets the best possible guide rates for both RA and DEC
What's more is that all of this technology and engineering put into the Meade LX850 10" f/8 ACF Telescope delivers a portable astro-imaging system that can be set up, aligned and imaging in less than 30 minutes. This Meade Telescope comes fully equipped with a Meade Series 5000 2" diagonal prism with 99% enhanced reflectivity, Series 5000 HD-60 25mm eyepiece, 8x50 viewfinder with quick release bracket and Meade AutoStar Suite Astronomer Edition Software for PC. Don't forget... Additional Meade Telescope Eyepieces are also available - along with an extensive array of Meade Telescope Accessories, too!
Meade LX850 10" f/8 ACF Telescope Features...
- Fast f/8 Advanced Coma-Free (ACF) optical systems on the 10", 12" and 14" OTAs. These optics produce wider, flatter fields with no coma for pinpoint stars out to the edge of larger imaging sensors or extreme wide angle eyepieces.
- StarLock full-time automatic integrated guider assists with ultra precise drift polar alignment, finds and centers targets and then automatically locks onto a field star as faint as 11th magnitude for one arcsecond guiding. No separate computer, no guide star selection, no user focus. Just setup your camera and image.
- German Equatorial Mount made from machined aluminum and stainless steel with large bearing surfaces and roller bearings in both axes for an extremely solid and stable platform.
- Internal Crayford-style primary mirror focusing system with a dual speed 7:1 focus control, that eliminates image shift and mirror flop. Precise focus is a snap.
- Internal cabling to prevent snags and tangles during your imaging sessions.
- Precision machined 5.8" main gears with 225 teeth in both R.A. and DEC. with .68" worms for very accurate movements and tracking.
- 1.75" diameter threaded stainless steel counterweight shaft with 18 lb. threaded stainless steel counterweights for easy and safe adjustments to telescope balance.
- Sophisticated built-in computer for the most accurate control of the StarLock and other telescope systems.
- AutoStar II hand control with over 144,000 object database to take you to almost any object imaginable at the push of the GoTo button. AutoStar II allows the user to setup and operate the LX800 in just the way you want.
- Accessories include 8x50 viewfinder, Series 5000 2" enhanced 99% reflective diagonal and a 25mm HD-60 premium eyepiece.
Meade LX850 10" f/8 ACF Telescope Specifications...
Clear Aperture: 10" (254mm)
Optical Design: Advanced Coma Free (ACF)
Focal Length: 2032mm
Focal Ratio: f/8
Telescope Mounting: LX850
OTA Mounting: Losmandy-style mounting plate
Optical Coatings: Ultra-High Transmission Coatings (UHTC)
Resolving Power (Dawes Limit): 0.456 arc seconds
Secondary Obstruction (%): 20.95
AutoStar Controller: Autostar II
Object Database: 145,000 objects
Viewfinder: 8x50mm with cross-hair reticle
Eyepiece: HD-60 25mm, long eye relief, premium eyepiece
Diagonal: Series 5000 2 inch with enhanced 99% reflectivity
Optional Focal Reducer/Field Flattener: 2 inch diameter, 3 element, fully multi-coated, f/5 (designed specifically for LX800 f/8 ACF optical systems)
Optimal back focus distance at f/5: 3.5 inches
Focus System: Internal Crayford style zero image-shift primary mirror focus with dual speed 7:1 control
Primary Mirror Lock: Not required due to internal Crayford style primary mirror focusing system
Slow Motion Controls: Electronic
Control Panel: 12v DC in, 12v DC out, Power, Focuser, Reticle, Handbox port, 1 computer connection port (RS232), 1 StarLock port, 1 Aux guide port
Total Instrument Capacity: 90.0 lbs. (40.80 kg)
Counterweights: Included. 1 x 22 lbs.
Zero Image-Shift Microfocuser: Optional
Accessory equipment mounting system: Optional Series 5000 Auxiliary Equipment Mounting System
Power: 12v DC 5 amp, using supplied Meade Universal Power Supply
Primary Mirror: Low-expansion borosilicate glass
Secondary Mirror: Individually figured with primary mirror for maximum correction. Low-expansion borosilicate glass
Correcting Plate/Lens: Aspheric high-spectral transmission Borofloat glass from Schott AG Germany
Optical Tube: Aluminum
OTA Weight: 33 lbs.
OTA Shipping Weight: 44 lbs.Meade Product Number: 1008-85-01