Firefly Books The Backyard Astronomer's Guide
- Popular Book - "The Backyard Astronomer's Guide"
- Revised Third Edition of the original
- Updated for use with modern equipment
- A 20-page full-color Atlas of the Milky Way provides location and context for hundreds of celestial objects mentioned throughout the book
- A complete update of the equipment section, including computerized telescopes
- A chapter on Astrophotography with Digital Cameras specifies what equipment works best and how to use it to collect a color gallery of celestial photos
- Telescopes for Recreational Astronomy features assessments of a wide range of new telescopes, from models for beginners to those for veteran astronomers
- Emphasis on computerized telescopes and how they work
- Accessory Catalog spotlights the best of the accessories and flags the frivolous and irrelevant
- Three practical Appendices: Polar Aligning Your Telescope; Optics Cleaning and Collimation; Testing Your Telescope Optics
- A modern Classic work, completely updated
This Firefly Books "The Backyard Astronomer's Guide," by authors Terence Dickinson and Alan Dyer has been a popular and respected standard classic reference for astronomers for a long time. This new, expanded and updated third edition of the basic reference for amateur astrophotographers includes equipment recommendations, photographic techniques, explanations of digital photography, computerized telescopes, and information on observing. This book, "The Backyard Astronomer's Guide," is the same modern classic only now, completely updated to include the modern equipment available to astronomers.
This newest edition of "The Backyard Astronomer's Guide" includes the latest data and answers questions most often asked by home astronomers, from beginners to experienced stargazers. Terence Dickinson and Alan Dyer provide expert guidance on the right types of telescopes and other equipment for your applications. Subjects include photographing the stars through a telescope; and star charts, software, cameras, and other references. They cover daytime and twilight observing, planetary and deep-sky observing, and much more.
With over 500 color photographs and illustrations, "The Backyard Astronomer's Guide" is one of the most valuable, beautiful, and user-friendly astronomy books ever produced. The technical discussions and illustrations will surely be a help to all astronomers at all levels, and especially for newcomers to this hobby.
About the Authors: Terence Dickinson is the author of Night Watch and 13 other astronomy books, among them The Universe and Beyond, Summer Stargazing and Exploring the Night Sky. He is also editor of SkyNews. Alan Dyer is program producer at the Calgary Science Centre Planetarium and a contributing editor to Sky and Telescope magazine. An authority on commercial telescopes, his reviews of astronomical equipment appear regularly in major astronomy magazines.
|Authors:||Terence Dickinson; Alan Dyer|
|Title:||The Backyard Astronomer's Guide|
|Trim Size:||9" x 11" x 1 1/4" Thick|
|Includes:||Color photos, star charts, resources, technical information, Maps, Bibliography, Index|