Firefly Books 2024 Night Sky Almanac - From Royal Astronomical Society
- Year 2024 Night Sky Almanac by Royal Astronomical Society of Canada
- Month by month Guide to North America's Skies
- Covers the April 2024 full solar eclipse, which will be seen over a broad swath of the US. The "path of totality" starts in Texas and ends in the Northeast. It will be a huge, widely anticipated event
- Introduces Reader to Astronomy and the Celestial Objects
- Sky Maps, Moon phases, Planets, and more
- Methods for using your hands to measure angles in the sky
- Information about binoculars and telescopes
- History of constellations, including Indigenous history
- Portable Guidebook with A Glossary of terms
- And much, much more
This Firefly Books 2024 Night Sky Almanac by Nicole Mortillaro of the Royal Astronomical Society of Canada (RASC) is the ideal resource for both novice and experienced sky watchers in both the United States and Canada. This Almanac of the sky includes all of the advice, information, and data that enthusiasts need to understand and enjoy the wonders of the night sky. This in-depth guide first introduces readers to the objects in the sky -- from stars, to comets, to globular clusters -- and then takes them through the cosmic events to look out for each month throughout year 2024. It includes comprehensive sky maps, moon phase charts, and info about the planets, just to mention a few of its list of celestial information.
This 2024 edition of Night Sky Almanac features eight additional pages of content compared to the 2023 edition, including more information about our visible universe, photos of different telescope types and a new section about asteroids.
The Firefly Books 2024 Night Sky Almanac is both a comprehensive introduction to astronomy and a quick reference book for more experienced sky watchers who don't want to miss a thing. Its compact size means it's perfect for taking with you when you journey on an "astro-vacation," or to your favorite viewing sites, or simply sky viewing in your own backyard, with a telescope or with naked eyes. Let this great Night Sky Almanac from Firefly Books be your companion and guide to the wonders of the night sky.
About the Author: Nicole Mortillaro is an avid amateur astronomer, author, editor, Senior Science Reporter for CBC News and the editor-in-chief of the Journal of the Royal Astronomical Society of Canada. She is the author of "Saturn", and lives in Toronto, Canada.
The Royal Astronomical Society of Canada (RASC) was founded ad hoc in 1868 and incorporated in 1890 with a dual membership of professionals and amateurs. It has 29 Canadian chapters and over 5,000 members. The Journal of the Royal Astronomical Society of Canada is entering its 116th year of publication, and the RASC also produces a number of other publications and guidebooks.
||Book - Almanac - Night Sky
||Nicole Mortillaro - Royal Astronomical Society of Canada
||2024 Night Sky Almanac
||5 7/8" x 8 1/4" x 5/16" Thick
||History, descriptions, sky maps, glossary, and more