Celestron Focus Motor For SCT and EdgeHD Telescopes
- Celestron Focus Motor for SCT and EdgeHD enables electronic focusing using a computer or Celestron computerized mount hand controller
- Use for remote/hands-free observing
- Self-powering: When connected to a Celestron computerized mount, the mount provides power; alternatively, USB provides the power
- Compatible with a wide variety of Celestron Schmidt-Cassegrain, EdgeHD, and Rowe-Ackermann Schmidt Astrograph optical tubes
- Motor controls include multiple speed rates, automatic GoTo indexed focuser position, and focuser backlash compensation
- Focuser Utility software for Windows provides a simple user interface
- Also compatible with Celestron PWI
- Enables autofocusing with a camera and third-party software via ASCOM
- Indexed focus position allows the motor to automatically return to a previous focus position; also prevents the focus motor from reaching the end of telescope’s mechanical focus travel
- Includes a 2 Year Celestron Warranty
- NOTE: Currently, the focus motor is NOT compatible with the 9.25” EdgeHD when the optional 0.7x Focal Reducer is installed
The Celestron Focus Motor For SCT and EdgeHD Telescopes provides electronic focusing operation for selected Celestron made Schmidt-Cassegrain (SCT) and EdgeHD telescope optical tubes. With the focus motor installed, you can adjust your scope to have celestial objects in sharp, precise focus using your telescope’s hand controller or by using a computer, instead of using the manual focuser knob. A focus motor is a good accessory for visual observers who want to dial in an exact focus value (especially those with dexterity issues) and a must-have accessory for astroimagers. With a motorized focuser installed, an astroimager no longer needs to be physically near the telescope to focus an image. Remote site focusing is then possible.
When this focus motor is used in combination with computerized control of the mount and camera, the focus motor enables the imager to gather data and focus the scope for imaging remotely from a backyard observatory, or even a telescope located hundreds of miles away. As an added bonus, port covers on the motor protect the ports while not in use, and the covers cannot be lost due to their tethered design.
Compatible Celestron Optical Tubes:
The Celestron focus motor is compatible with all SCTs from 6” to 14” in aperture that have been produced since the year 2006. It is NOT compatible with 5” SCTs or older models. It is compatible with all EdgeHD optical tubes, the 8” Rowe-Ackermann Schmidt Astrograph (RASA), the 36cm RASA, and the 7” Maksutov-Cassegrain. It can also be used with the 11” RASA, but requires the Focuser Retrofit Kit for RASA 11.
NOTE: Currently, the focus motor is NOT compatible with the 9.25” EdgeHD If and When the optional 0.7x Focal Reducer is installed.
NOTE: The telescope and computer shown in the photos is for illustration purposes only, the telescope and computer are not included.
There are three options for powering your Celestron Focus Motor:
1. When using a Celestron computerized mount, you can power and control the focus motor through the mount using the supplied AUX cable. This allows control from the mount’s hand controller (NexStar+ or StarSense) or alternatively via a computer.
2. If you are not using a Celestron mount, you can power and control the focus motor from your computer's USB port. You will need a user supplied USB A-to-B cable.
3. You may also opt to use an external 12V DC power source which plugs into the motor’s power jack.
Celestron offers a free Focuser Utility program for computerized control of this motor. The Celestron PWI software can also control the focus motor. To use third-party focuser control software, an ASCOM driver is needed.
|Motor Design:||DC servo motor|
|Spur gears:||Brass, 1:1 gear ratio, 38 mm diameter, 45 teeth|
|Focuser shaft coupler:||Aluminum clamping sleeve|
|Microprocessor:||NXP Kinetis series, Arm Coretex-M4 core|
|AUX port power:||Powered by Celestron computerized mount AUX port, connecting cable supplied|
|USB port power:||USB3 or USB2 providing at least 900 mA current|
|DC jack power:||12V DC, 1A, 5.5 mm/2.1 mm / tip positive plug|
|Compatibility:||All SCTs produced after 2006 except 5" SCT, all Edge HD, RASA 8", RASA 36 cm, 7" Mak-Cass|
|Speed rates:||8°/sec , 32°/sec , 128°/sec|