Baader Hyperion Universal Zoom Mark IV with Hyperion-Barlow 2.25x
The Baader Hyperion Zoom Barlow quickly attaches to any Hyperion 8-24mmm Clickstop zoom eyepiece, instantly converting it into a 3.5-10.5mm Zoom. The matched optical design results in a virtually transparent 2.25X multiplication, without any optical compromises, essentially giving a 7X zoom range with outstanding optical performance throughout the 3.5-24mm range.
Some highlights of the Hyperion Zoom Barlow Lens;
- Optically Matched for perfect optical performance with the Hyperion 8-24mm Clickstop Zoom.
- Anastigmatic Flatfield Design.
- Air-spaced triplet lens.
- Baader Phantom Group Coatings on all air-glass surfaces
- Fully internally baffled and blackened to eliminate stray light reflections
- Enables dual 2"/1¼" Barrel Configuration with all Baader Hyperion Clickstop Zooms (MkI - MkIII)
- Threaded for standard 1¼" filters.
- Modular Design.
Outstanding as a general purpose Visual Barlow and Flatfield Projection Optic
- Includes all adapters needed to couple to any 1¼" filter thread. Enables attachment to practically any 1¼"Eyepiece for use as a classic APO barlow.
- Includes T-adapter to couple to any T-threaded component, camera, extension tubes, diagonal, etc.
The Hyperion Barlow works superbly with all DSLR and CCD cameras for projection imaging. The included T-2 Adapter enables the Barlow to be attached and configured with practically any camera, and is able to cover projection ratios of up to 5X through the use of extension tubes.
The set consisting of the MARK IV Hyperion 8-24 mm Universal wide angle Zoom eyepiece (#2454826) and the Hyperion zoom Barlow 2.25x (#2454654) results in combination in a zoom eyepiece with a large focal length range. The set covers all eyepiece focal length from 3.6-24 mm.
The Hyperion Universal Zoom is a perfect solution for all hunter, birdwatchers and astronomers alike, it brings a whole range with focal lengths from 8 to 24mm in a single high-quality eyepiece! It lets you continuously zoom with Clickstops at 8, 12, 16, 20 and 24mm. The only difference to the fixed focal length is that the field also varies from 53 Degrees at 24mm focal length up to 68 degrees at 8mm. This eyepiece was "Reverse" constructed unlike most other zoom eyepieces: largest field of view and the sharpest image at the highest magnification.