Celestron AstroMaster Eyepiece Accessory Kit - 1.25" Includes...
- 15 mm Kellner Eyepiece
- 6 mm Plossl Eyepiece
- 2x Power Lens with T-threads
- #80A Blue Planetary Filter
- #25 Red Planetary Filter
- Moon Filter
- Micro Fiber Cloth
- Plastic Carrying Case with Foam
The 1.25" AstroMaster Accessory Kit from Celestron includes a selection of useful additions to your kit that will enhance your observational experiences.
- The two eyepieces produce medium and high magnifications in most telescopes, and the Barlow lens doubles the magnification power of any eyepiece used with it You end up with four magnifications instead of two.
- Two of the most useful colored planetary filters, Red and Blue, can be used to enhance and highlight specific areas on Jupiter, Saturn, Mars, Mercury, Venus, and Saturn, as well as comets.
- For detailed and comfortable viewing of our closest celestial object, a Moon filter is also included with reduces glare and enhances contrast on the surface.
- To hold all these accessories is a hard plastic case with a custom-cut foam lining.
The Celestron AstroMaster Telescope Accessory Kit is designed to enhance the functionality and pleasure of using your Celestron telescope. This kit may also be used with many other telescope brands that accept 1.25" eyepieces and filters.
Eyepieces - The 15 mm and 6 mm eyepieces can be used in any telescope with a 1.25" focuser. Each eyepiece is fully coated to improve light transmission and protect the optics. The 15 mm Kellner eyepiece offers a nice medium magnification view in most telescopes, and the 6 mm Plossl provides high magnifications, great for the Moon and planets, especially when seeing conditions are good.
2x Barlow Lens - Insert the 2x Barlow Lens between the eyepiece and the telescope and it doubles the magnification of any 1.25" eyepiece. That means the 15 mm Kellner included in the Celestron AstroMaster Telescope Accessory Kit will double in power, effectively becoming a 7.5 mm eyepiece, and the 6 mm will provide the magnification of a 3 mm.
Any other 1.25" eyepieces you already have will also work in this versatile accessory, giving you even more magnification choices.
Bonus! T-threads are machined into this Barlow lens, allowing a user to attach a DSLR camera with the addition of an optional T-ring.
Filters - Colored filters can be used to bring out certain details on a planet'''s surface or its cloud structure.
Both planetary filters, as well as the Moon filter included in the Celestron AstroMaster Telescope Accessory Kit, can be used on any 1.25" eyepiece with the proper filter threads, so they are very versatile. Just screw one onto your eyepiece of choice and slide it into the focuser.
The #80A is a medium-blue filter that enhances the contrast of the cloud belts on Jupiter and the polar ice caps on Saturn.
The #25 filter is a deep red color and is a good choice when you want to define the polar ice caps on Mars. It'''s also fun to use this filter when observing Jupiter.
The #25 Red filter blocks works nicely on bright objects; fun to try on a full moon!
The Moon filter is one of the first accessories most new amateur astronomers buy, and for good reason!
It helps block out a portion of the light the Moon sends into your eyepiece so that you can see details better.
Rills and craters all become more visible with the moon filter.
You can also try this filter on Venus; it helps you see the planet'''s phases.
Cleaning Cloth & Case: Keep the micro-fiber cleaning cloth stashed in your Celestron AstroMaster Telescope Accessory Kit case so that it will always be handy. It'''s much better to use a micro-fiber cloth on your optics than other wipes or tissue, as it does not leave a residue, and can be reused. Remember to blow or brush any dust particles off of your optics before rubbing them with the cloth.
The black plastic carry case has die-cut foam inside to protect and cushion your accessories. Keep each one in its appointed place when not in use and you'''ll keep them looking and performing like new.
Celestron AstroMaster Eyepiece Accessory Kit - 1.25" Features...
- Fully-coated eyepieces for higher magnification
- 2x Power Lens will double the magnification of any eyepiece used with it
- 2x Power Lens features t-threads to attach a camera to your telescope (with optional t-ring)
- Planetary filters enhance details on Jupiter, Saturn, Mars and Venus
- Moon filter allows detailed views of the Moon especially during the brighter phases
- Carrying case fits all of the included items in the die-cut foam interior
- Micro fiber cloth safely cleans optics without scratching or leaving residue
Celestron Product Number: 94307