About the Celestron Advanced VX 8" EdgeHD Telescope...
Celestron Telescope Advanced VX 8" EdgeHD: truly the ultimate entry-level astroimaging package. The Celestron Advanced VX 8" EdgeHD Telescope package combines the groundbreaking new Advanced VX mount with Celestron'''s best optics, the EdgeHD optical system. This setup offers the astroimager maximum versatility - allowing up to 3 different f-stop configurations. Users can attach a Celestron CCD Camera to the rear of the telescope and shoot at f/10, or attach our 8-inch focal reducer (coming soon) and shoot at f/7. Additionally, EdgeHD is Fastar/Hyperstar compatible, giving imagers the option to shoot at ultra-fast f/2. No matter which configuration you choose, Celestron Telescope EdgeHD technology gives you pinpoint stars all the way to the edge of the CCD sensor.
With an 8-inch optical tube and portable Advanced VX mount, the Celestron Advanced VX 8" EdgeHD Telescope can be easily transported and assembled by one person. You'''ll also have plenty of load capacity to attach your Celestron CCD Camera and other Celestron Telescope Accessories. This Celestron Telescope setup is simple enough for a beginner to use, but can also provide years of enjoyment for sophisticated astroimagers.
About the Celestron Advanced VX Mount...
The new Advanced VX Celestron Telescope Mount was specifically designed to provide optimum imaging performance for smaller telescopes. Now your Celestron Advanced VX 8" EdgeHD Telescope can take advantage of All-Star Polar Alignment and autoguider support. You'''ll be able to track through long exposures using permanently programmable periodic error correction. Image with your Celestron CCD Camera across the meridian without doing a meridian flip, so you can seamlessly image the best part of night sky. Advanced VX features significantly larger base castings than the previous design, improving stability under heavier loads. Improved motors offer more torque and can handle slight load imbalances with ease.
Celestron Advanced VX 8" EdgeHD Telescope Features...
- 8"(2032mm) f/10 Edge HD includes StarBright XLT coatings for better light transmission
- Edge HD optical design fully corrects for coma and field curvature, delivering a truly flat field
- Built-in tube vents with integrated 60 micron mesh filters allow hot air to be released behind the primary mirror
- Fastar compatible tube comes with removable secondary mirror for fast f/2.8 imaging
- 9x50 optical finderscope for locating alignment stars
- Integer gear ratios and permanently programmable Periodic Error Correction eliminates recurring track errors from the worm gear.
- Autoguider port for long exposure imaging
- New motors offer improved tracking performance & provide more power to overcome load imbalances
- Updated industrial design offers more rigidity, less flexure and improved aesthetics
- New design allows viewing or imaging across the meridian without interference from the motors housings
- Improved latitude range. Can be used between 7 77 degrees latitude.
- NexStar+ hand control offers multiple language programming (English, French, Italian, German, Spanish)
Celestron Advanced VX 8" EdgeHD Telescope Specifications...
Optical Design: EdgeHD
Aperture (mm): 203 mm (7.99 in)
Focal Length (mm): 2032 mm (80 in)
Focal Ratio: f/10
Eyepiece 1 (mm): 40 mm (1.57 in)
Magnification 1: 51 x
Optical Tube: Aluminum
Fastar Compatible: Yes
Tripod: Adjustable, Stainless Steel
Tripod Legs: 2"
Weight (lbs): 59 lbs (27 kg)
Power Supply: Car battery adapter
Highest Useful Magnification: 480 x
Lowest Useful Magnification: 29 x
Limiting Stellar Magnitude: 14
Resolution (Rayleigh): 0.69 arc seconds
Resolution (Dawes): 0.57 arc seconds
Light Gathering Power (Compared to human eye) 841 x
Optical Tube Length: 17" in (432 mm)
Optical Tube Weight: 13 lbs (5.9 kg)
EQ Mount Weight: 17 lbs (7.71 kg)
Tripod Weight: 18 lbs (8.16 kg)
Counterweight Bar : 12" Length, 0.75" Diameter lbs (5.44 kg)
Counterweights: 1 x 11 lbs
Latitude Range: 7-77 deg
Motor Drive: Low cog DC Servo motors with encoders, both axes
Slew Speeds: Nine slew speeds, 4 deg/sec maximum
Tracking Rates: Sidereal, Solar and Lunar
Tracking Modes: EQ North and EQ South
Alignment Procedures: 2-Star Align, Quick Align, 1-Star Align, Last Alignment, Solar System Align
Communication Ports: 2x AUX ports, Autoguider port, RS-232 port (on hand control)
Computer Hand Control: Double line, 16 character Liquid Crystal Display; 19 fiber optic backlit LED buttons
Database 40,000+ objects, 100 user defined programmable objects. Enhanced information on over 200 objects
Power Requirements: 12V DC 3.5A (tip positive)
Internal Clock: Yes
GPS: Optional SkySync GPS Accessory
Celestron Product Number: 12031