Choose either the Baader 31mm or 36mm Hyperion Aspheric Eyepiece from the dropdown...
About Baader Hyperion Aspheric Eyepieces...
Baader has evolved the wide field visual observing to a new level with the introduction of the Hyperion Aspheric Eyepiece. The Baader Hyperion Aspheric 72 Degree Modular Eyepieces are one of the world's first to incorporate aspheric surfaces! This new technology has allowed Baader to eliminate eyepiece aberrations without the usual penalty of extra lens elements, excessive size and weight, or higher.
Available in 31mm or 36mm focal lengths, the Baader Hyperion-Aspheric Eyepieces are great for projection imaging, and are threaded to accept the full line of Hyperion Digital T-Rings for a robust direct attachment of almost any camera. The clever use of 2"x24tpi SCT threads for attaching the 2" barrel permits the Hyperion-Aspherics to directly thread onto the rear cell of popular SCTs. This results in the highest rigidity possible for imaging. Two barrel sizes are provided with each Hyperion Aspheric. The standard 2" barrel provides the full 72 degree field of view, and a special wide field 1-1/4" barrel provides the maximum true field ever in this barrel size, with a field stop of 1.265 (32mm)! - perfect for extracting every bit of field possible in 1.25" focusers or binoviewers.
Baader Hyperion Aspheric Eyepiece - 1.25"/ 2" Features...
- The Baader Hyperion Aspheric eyepieces offer freedom from blackouts, kidney beaning, and lack of distortion, and combine with long eye relief to produce a view that is uncommonly comfortable and natural for all users. Even eyeglass wearers and users of popular astigmatism correcting lenses will enjoy the comfort level of the Baader Hyperion Aspheric's!
- The ultra-wide 72 degree field of view of these eyepieces are extremely flat and without distortion, and are virtually free of angular magnification distortion.
- Baader's renowned Phantom Group Multi-Coatings and thorough internal baffling produce an extremely bright and high contrast view that is free of scatter.
- The Hyperion Aspheric eyepieces accept Tele Vue's Dioptrx astigmatism correcting lenses.
- Threads onto the back of most SCT rear cells, producing a rigid connection for imaging.
Baader Hyperion Aspheric Eyepiece Specifications...
Optical Design: Hyperion Aspheric
Barrel Size: 1.25"/2"
Apparent Field with 2" Barrel: 72º
Apparent Field with 1.25" Barrel: 55º for 31mm, 50º for 36mm
Eyepiece Eye Relief: 18mm for 31, 19mm for 36
Field Stop with 2" Barrel: 38mm for 31, 45mm for 36
Field Stop with 1.25" Barrel: 30mm
Max Eyepiece Weight (with 1.25" Barrel): 365g for 31mm, 382g for 36mm