About the Sky-Watcher 12" Flextube
Synscan Dobsonian Telescope...
The exciting Sky-Watcher Flextube SynScan series of Dobsonian Telescopes are precision-engineered instruments that will allow you to easily find and enjoy viewing night sky treasures, such as planets in our solar system, nebulae, star clusters, galaxies and much more. With its patented collapsible tube design and SynScan computerized GoTo system, these Flextube Dobs are truly the ultimate in portability and performance.
The elegant truss tube design was carefully engineered to combine ease of use, extreme portability and consistent performance in an affordable telescope package. Unlike other truss tube designs, the Sky-Watcher 12" Flextube Dobsonian Synscan Telescope does not need to be disassembled between uses. It transports as two compact pieces that can be assembled and ready to use in just seconds! This Dobsonian is easy to collimate once set up, and it holds its collimation throughout the evening! The patented Tension Control Handle allows users to add or reduce tension, thereby increasing or decreasing the friction between the optical tube and the sideboards.
The included SynScan AZ hand control allows you point your Skywatcher 12" Flextube computerized telescope at a specific object, or even tour the night sky, at the touch of a button!! The user-friendly menu system on-board the Sky-Watcher 12" Dobsonian Synscan Telescope allows automatic slewing to over 42,900+ objects. Even an inexperienced astronomer can master its variety of features in a few observing sessions. The patented dual encoder design allows the scope to be moved manually whenever the user wishes - but with no need for re-alignment!
The Sky-Watcher 12" Flextube Synscan Telescope combines the convenience and affordability of the traditional Dobsonian with the convenience of a computerized GoTo telescope.
Sky-Watcher 12" Dobsonian Synscan Telescope Features...
- SynScan AZ hand control allows you point your telescope at a specific object, or even tour the night sky at the touch of a button
- Huge 12" mirror will pull in thousands of deep-sky objects and let you see more details on the galaxies, nebulae and planets you love!
- Patented dual encoder design allows the telescope to be moved manually whenever the user wishes - but with no need for re-alignment
- Transports as two compact pieces that can be assembled and ready to use in just seconds
- Tension Control Handle allows users to add or reduce tension, thereby increasing or decreasing the friction between the optical tube and the sideboards
- Carefully engineered to combine ease of use, extreme portability and consistent performance in an affordable package
Sky-Watcher 12" SynScan Dobsonian Specifications
- Optical Design: Newtonian
- Mirror Coatings: 94% Aluminum
- Glass Type: Borosilicate
- Primary Aperture: 305mm
- Focal Ratio: f/4.9
- Focal Length: 1500mm
- Secondary Mirror Diameter: 70mm
- Secondary Obstruction by Diameter: 23%
- Secondary Obstruction by Area: 5%
- Dawes Limit: 0.38
- Rayleigh Limit: 0.46
- Limiting Magnitude: 14.9
- Minimum Magnification: 43
- Maximum Magnification: 600
- Focuser: 2" Crayford-Style
- OTA Length: 36"/55"
- OTA Outer Diameter: 14.25"
- OTA Weight with Accessories: 46.2 lb.
- Dob Base Weight: 53 lb.
- Dob Base Dimensions: 32.5" x 25"
- Eyepiece Height at Zenith: 58.5"
- Finder: 9x50
- Eyepieces: 10mm & 25mm Plossl 1.25"
- Magnification with Eyepieces: 150X and 60X
Sky-Watcher SynScan AZ Hand Control Specifications:
- Power Supply: 10 to 15 V DC 1Amp, 2.1mm Plug (Center positive)
- Motor type: DC Servo Motors
- Resolution: Motor encoder: 1,620,000 counts per revolution, Main axis encoder: 11,748 counts per revolution
- Slew speeds: 1.0X, 2.0X, 8X, 16X, 32X, 200X, 400X, 600X, 800X, 1000X
- Tracking Rates: Sidereal, Lunar, Solar
- Tracking Mode: Dual Axes Tracking
- Alignment Method: Brightest-Star Alignment, Two-Star Alignment
- Database: 25 user defined objects. Complete M, NGC and IC catalog, partial SAO catalogues, total 42,900 objects
- Go-To Pointing Accuracy: Up to 5 arc min