Sky-Watcher Flextube 10" Collapsible Dobsonian Telescope
Additional shipping surcharges will apply on top of standard shipping costs
SkyWatcher does it again. An old favorite - the Sky-Watcher 10" Collapsible Dobsonian Telescope - gets a complete facelift with new features and upgraded components!
The elegant truss tube design of the Sky-Watcher Flextube 10" Collapsible Dobsonian Telescope was carefully engineered to combine ease of use, extreme portability and consistent performance in an affordable package. Unlike other truss tube designs, the Sky-Watcher Collapsible Dobsonian does not need to be disassembled between uses. It transports as two compact pieces (Base & OTA) that can be assembled and ready to use in just seconds! It is easy to collimate once set up, and it holds its collimation throughout the evening!
The Sky-Watcher Flextube 250P features buttery smooth movements due to their Teflon bearing system. Teflon is preferable to ball-bearings because ball bearings make it more difficult to control unintended movements of the optical tube. Unlike most traditional Dobsonians, these innovative Flextube telescopes feature SkyWatcher's patented azimuth tension adjustment control. This eliminates the need and added cost of clumsy counterweight systems to balance the telescope.
To top it off, all of the Sky-Watcher 10" Flextube Dobsonian is shipping with a 2" ultra smooth Crayford focuser, two eyepieces, and an 8x50 Right Angle Finderscope to make locating celestial objects a breeze.
Sky-Watcher 10" Collapsible Dobsonian Telescope Features...
- The SkyWatcher Collapsible Dobsonian does not need to be disassembled between uses
- Big 10" aperture will show you hundreds of galaxies, nebulae, star clusters, double stars...and of course the planets and the Moon!
- Transports as two compact pieces that can be assembled and ready to use in just seconds! It is easy to collimate once set up, and it holds its collimation throughout the evening
- Collapsible Dobsonians feature SkyWatcher's patented tension adjustment control
- Comes with an ultra smooth 2" Crayford focuser and 8x50 right angle finderscope
- Engineered to combine ease of use, extreme portability and consistent performance in an affordable package
Sky-Watcher 10" Flextube Dobsonian Telescope Specifications...
- Optical Design: Newtonian
- Mirror Coatings: 94% Aluminum
- Glass Type: Borosilicate
- Primary Aperture: 254mm
- Focal Ratio: f/4.7
- Focal Length: 1200mm
- Secondary Mirror Diameter: 64mm
- Secondary Obstruction by Diameter: 25%
- Secondary Obstruction by Area: 6%
- Dawes Limit: 0.46
- Rayleigh Limit: 0.55
- Limiting Magnitude: 14.5
- Minimum Magnification: 36
- Maximum Magnification: 500
- Focuser: 2" Crayford-Style
- OTA Length: 31.5" Retracted, 44" Extended
- OTA Outer Diameter: 11.375"
- OTA Weight with Accessories: 33 lb.
- Dob Base Weight: 26.5 lb.
- Dob Base Dimensions: 29.5" x 20"
- Eyepiece Height at Zenith: 48"
- Finder: 8x50 RACI (Right Angle Correct Image)
- Eyepieces: 10mm & 25mm Plossl 1.25"
- Magnification with Eyepieces: 120X and 48X