About the Celestron NexStar 5SE Computerized Telescope...
Featuring high-quality Schmidt-Cassegrain optics, the Celestron NexStar 5 SE GoTo Telescope is an ideal telescope for observing and photographing the wonders of space. With a total weight of this Celestron Telescope is 28 lbs including the tripod, the ultra portable 5 SE features a precision optical system with 1,250 mm focal length (f/10) standard with our premium StarBright XLT coatings and offers 56% more light gathering power than a 4" model.
The Celestron NexStar 5 SE Computer Telescope includes a camera control feature that allows you to remotely take a series of timed exposures using your digital SLR camera and Celestron Telescope. Plus the tripod featuring a built-in wedge helps make short-exposure astrophotography a heavenly experience. Use with a Celestron CCD Camera and enjoy sharing the view of both planets and deep sky objects!
The Celestron NexStar 5 SE has all the same features as Celestron''s most advanced computerized GoTo telescopes, including revolutionary Celestron Telescope SkyAlign alignment technology, a sky tour feature, a database of nearly 40,000 celestial objects and easy to use hand control. Plug the optional Celestron SkySync GPS Accessory into the NexStar Auxiliary port and download data from orbiting GPS satellites for truly quick and easy alignments. The universe may be full of mysteries, but using the NexStar 5 SE isn''t one of them.
In the tradition of Celestron'''s famous orange optical tubes, the new Celestron NexStar SE Computer Telescope Family combines the classic heritage of the original orange tube Celestron Telescopes with state-of-the-art features including a fully computerized operating system, flash upgradeable hand control, superior StarBright XLT coatings, our revolutionary SkyAlign telescope alignment software and much more.
Whether you are a seasoned astronomer looking for a portable Celestron Telescope with advanced features or just starting your astronomy adventure and looking for an easy way to enjoy the night sky, a NexStar SE will help you take a closer look.
Don'''t forget... Additional Celestron Telescope Eyepieces are also available - along with an extensive array of Celestron Telescope Accessories, too. For even more fun, add a Celestron AC Adapter (#18778) for night after night use without replacing batteries!
Celestron NexStar 5SE Computerized Telescope Features...
- 5" Schmidt-Cassegrain telescope
- SE combines the classic heritage of the original orange tube telescopes with the latest state-of-the-art features
- StarBright XLT high transmission coatings come standard
- StarPointer finderscope to help with alignment and accurately locating objects
- Quick release fork arm mount, optical tube and accessory tray for no-tool setup
- Sturdy computerized Altazimuth mount
- Internal battery compartment to prevent cord wrap during use
- Ultra sturdy steel tripod features built-in wedge which allows 5 SE to be used for astrophotography
- Computerized Mount Features
- Proven NexStar computer control technology
- Nearly 40,000 object database with 200 user-definable objects and expanded information on over 200 objects
- SkyAlign allows you to align on any three bright celestial objects, making for a fast and easy alignment process
- Flash upgradeable hand control software and motor control units for downloading product updates over the Internet
- Includes a camera control feature and shutter release cable that allows you to remotely take a series of exposures using your digital SLR camera
- Custom database lists of all the most famous deep-sky objects by name and catalog number; the most beautiful double, triple and quadruple stars; variable stars; solar system objects and asterisms
- DC Servo motors with encoders on both axes
Double line, 16-character Liquid Crystal Display Hand Control with backlit LED buttons for easy operation of goto features
- NexRemote telescope control software and RS-232 cable included for advanced control of your telescope via computer
- GPS-compatible with optional SkySync GPS Accessory (93969)
Celestron NexStar 5SE Computerized Telescope Specifications...
Optical Design: Schmidt-Cassegrain
Aperture (mm): 125 mm (4.92 in)
Focal Length (mm): 1250 mm (49 in)
Focal Ratio: f/10
Eyepiece 1 (mm): 25 mm (0.98 in)
Magnification 1: 50 x
Star Diagonal: 1.25"
Mount: Single Fork Arm Altazimuth
Optical Tube: Aluminum
Other Equipment: Camera Shutter Cable
Tripod: Steel with built-in wedge
Power Supply: 8-AA batteries (not included)
Highest Useful Magnification: 295 x
Lowest Useful Magnification: 18 x
Limiting Stellar Magnitude: 13
Resolution (Rayleigh): 1.11 arc seconds
Resolution (Dawes): 0.93 arc seconds
Light Gathering Power (Compared to human eye): 329x
Angular Field of View (deg): 1
Linear Field of View (@1000 yds): 53 ft (16 m)
Secondary Mirror Obstruction: 1.75 in (44 mm)
Secondary Mirror Obstruction by Diameter: 35%
Secondary Mirror Obstruction by Area: 12.3% %
Optical Coatings: StarBright XLT
Optical Tube Length: 13 in (330 mm)
Telescope Weight: 17.6 lbs (7.98 kg)
Tripod Weight: 10 lbs (4.54 kg)
Payload Capacity: 10 lbs (4.54 kg)
Motor Drive: Integrated D.C. Electronics
Slew Speeds: Nine slew speeds: 4/sec, 2/sec, 1/sec, 64x, 16x, 8x, 4x, 1x, .5x
Tracking Rates: Sidereal, Solar and Lunar
Tracking Modes: Alt-Az, EQ North & EQ South
Software Features: Camera Control
Alignment Procedures: SkyAlign, Auto 2-Star Align, 1-Star Align, 2-Star Align, SolarSystem Align
Software Precision: 24 bit, 0.08 arcsec calculations
Communication Ports: RS-232 communication port on hand control, Aux port, Camera Control port
Computer Hand Control: Double line, 16 character Liquid Crystal Display with 19 fiber optic backlit LED buttons
Database: 38,181 accessible objects
Dovetail Compatibility: Quick Release Tube Clamp
Celestron Product Number: 11036