on the checkout page for FREE Shipping.
purchase. ($69 Value)
- automatically doubles the power of any eyepiece
- Fully Multicoated optics
- Dust covers included
- High-grade glass optics
About the Celestron NexStar 4SE Computerized Telescope...
The new Celestron NexStar SE GoTo Telescope Family combines the classic heritage of the original orange tube Celestron Telescope with state-of-the-art features including a fully computerized operating system, flash upgradeable hand control, superior coatings, revolutionary SkyAlign telescope alignment software and much more.
Whether you are a seasoned astronomer looking for a portable Celestron Telescope with advanced features, or just starting your astronomy adventure and looking for an easy way to enjoy the night sky, a Celestron NexStar SE Computerized Telescope will help you take a closer look.
Align your Celestron NexStar SE Telescope in minutes with the new SkyAlign technology. Just point the Celestron Telescope at three bright stars and let the computer do the rest. You don''t even need to know the names of the stars!
Don'''t forget... Additional Celestron Telescope Eyepieces are also available - along with an extensive array of Celestron Telescope Accessories, too. For even more fun, add a Celestron AC Adapter (#18778) for night after night use without replacing batteries!
Celestron NexStar 4SE Computerized Telescope Features...
- 4" Maksutov-Cassegrain telescope
- SE combines the classic heritage of the original orange tube telescopes with the latest state-of-the-art features
- StarBright XLT high transmission coatings come standard
- StarPointer finderscope to help with alignment and accurately locating objects
- Internal flip mirror for convenient viewing at 90 degrees or imaging straight through (with optional adapter).
- Quick release fork arm mount, optical tube and accessory tray for no-tool setup
- Sturdy computerized Altazimuth mount
- Internal battery compartment to prevent cord wrap during use
- Ultra sturdy steel tripod features built-in wedge which allows 4 SE to be used for astrophotography
- The SkyX First Light Edition astronomy software with a 10,000 object database, printable sky maps and 75 enhanced images
- Proven NexStar computer control technology
- Nearly 40,000 object database with 200 user-definable objects and expanded information on over 200 objects
- SkyAlign allows you to align on any three bright celestial objects, making for a fast and easy alignment process
- Flash upgradeable hand control software and motor control units for downloading product updates over the Internet
- Includes a camera control feature and shutter release cable that allows you to remotely take a series of exposures using your digital SLR camera
- Custom database lists of all the most famous deep-sky objects by name and catalog number; the most beautiful double, triple and quadruple stars; variable stars; solar system objects and asterisms
- DC Servo motors with encoders on both axes
Double line, 16-character Liquid Crystal Display Hand
- Control with backlit LED buttons for easy operation of goto features
- NexRemote telescope control software and RS-232 cable included for advanced control of your telescope via computer
- GPS-compatible with optional SkySync GPS Accessory (93969)
Celestron NexStar 4SE Computerized Telescope Specifications...
Optical Design: Maksutov-Cassegrain
Aperture (mm): 102 mm (4.02 in)
Focal Length (mm): 1325 mm (52 in)
Focal Ratio: f/13
Eyepiece 1 (mm): 25 mm (0.98 in)
Magnification 1: 53 x
Star Diagonal: Internal Flip mirror for straight thru or 90 viewing angle
Mount: Single Fork Arm Altazimuth
Optical Tube: Aluminum
Other Equipment: Camera Shutter Cable
Tripod: Steel with built-in wedge
Power Supply: 8-AA batteries (not included)
Highest Useful Magnification: 241 x
Lowest Useful Magnification: 15 x
Limiting Stellar Magnitude: 12.5
Resolution (Rayleigh): 1.37 arc seconds
Resolution (Dawes): 1.14 arc seconds
Light Gathering Power (Compared to human eye): 212 x
Angular Field of View (deg): 1 degree
Linear Field of View (@1000 yds): 53 ft (16 m)
Secondary Mirror Obstruction: 1.38 in (35 mm)
Secondary Mirror Obstruction by Diameter: 34 %
Secondary Mirror Obstruction by Area: 12 %
Optical Coatings: StarBright XLT
Optical Tube Length: 13.5 in (343 mm)
Telescope Weight: 11 lbs (4.99 kg)
Tripod Weight: 10 lbs (4.54 kg) lbs (4.54 kg)
Payload Capacity: 10 lbs (4.54 kg)
Motor Drive: Integrated D.C. Electronics
Slew Speeds: Nine slew speeds: 4/sec, 2/sec, 1/sec, 64x, 16x, 8x, 4x, 1x, .5x
Tracking Rates: Sidereal, Solar and Lunar
Tracking Modes: Alt-Az, EQ North & EQ South
Software Features: Camera Control
Alignment Procedures: SkyAlign, Auto 2-Star Align, 1-Star Align, 2-Star Align, SolarSystem Align
Software Precision: 24 bit, 0.08 arcsec calculations
Communication Ports: RS-232 communication port on hand control, Aux port, Camera Control port
Computer Hand Control: Double line, 16 character Liquid Crystal Display with 19 fiber optic backlit LED buttons
Database: 38,181 accessible objects
Dovetail Compatibility: Quick Release Tube Clamp
Celestron Product Number: 11049