About the Baader Neodymium Moon & Skyglow Filter with IR Cut - Round Mounted...
The Baader Planetarium Moon & Skyglow (Neodymium) Filter brings an entirely unique approach to planetary contrast enhancement and light pollution reduction. Based on earlier research at Carl Zeiss, Baader has developed a new filter that uses Neodymium glass which filters out a few specific wavelengths from streetlights as well as skyglow from the Moon. The unique spectral characteristics of Neodymium also boost color contrasts by isolating the Red, Green, and Blue regions (so-called RGB enhancement). The result is a filter that leaves natural colors mostly intact, but significantly enhanced.
Planetary and Lunar views are improved in all scopes, reflectors, refractors (APO or Achro). Jupiter'''s Great Red Spot and ruddy hues of the bands are noticeably enhanced, and contrast of Martian surface features significantly boosted. The Background sky is darkened, and subtle details improved. The Baader Planetarium Moon & Skyglow (Neodymium) Filter'''s high efficiency preserves image brightness, and many Galaxies, Nebulae and Globular Star Clusters are improved due to the reduction of skyglow from artificial lighting. But that is not all. Baader has enhanced this filter by integrating its proprietary 7-layer Phantom Group and IR blocking coatings as well. The result is improved supression of chromatic aberrations for astrophotography applications.
The filter substrate of the Baader Planetarium Moon & Skyglow (Neodymium) Filter is a special custom melt of Neodymium doped glass, designed for specific transmission characteristics, and made only for Baader Planetarium. In addition to its unique spectral characteristics, unlike most filters, the Baader Moon & Skyglow surfaces are optically polished to deliver the best possible image sharpness and contrast. The high quality of Baader Planetarium filters permits stacking with no image degradation.
Baader Neodymium Moon & Skyglow Filter with IR Cut - Round Mounted Features...
- The Baader Moon amd Skyglow Neodymium Filter goes back upon a development of Carl Zeiss Jena.
- If you have never seen the GRS (Great Red Spot) on Jupiter or surface features on Mars with this filter you will!
- Enhance contrast amd reduce the affects of light pollution with this new and improved Baader Planetarium Moon amd Skyglow Neodymium Filter!
- Red, green and blue colors are enhanced, background sky is darkened, and image brightness is preserved.
- Filters out Moon-glow wavelengths as well as those from street lights.
- Combine with the Fringe Killer filter for amazing planetary viewing!
Baader Neodymium Moon & Skyglow Filter with IR Cut - Round Mounted Specifications...
Filter Type: Moon & Skyglow
Format: Round, Mounted
Coatings: Phantom Group and IR blocking coatings
Substrate: Neodymium glass