Enter code: skytracker in discount box
when checking out for FREE SHIPPING
iOptron SkyTracker Pro Camera Tracker
- All metal structure with ABS covers
- Attaches to a camera tripod with 3/8” or 1/4” threads
- Accepts cameras weighing up to 3 kg (6.6 lbs)
- Silent tracking for smooth camera motion, perfect for long-term exposures
- Detachable alt-azimuth base with fine latitude and azimuth adjusters for easy polar alignment
- Reversible mounting post for both 3/8” and 1/4” threaded ball head mounting
- Includes iOptron AccuAlignTM dark-field illuminated polar scope
- Adjustable polar scope illumination with eight brightness levels
- 4 tracking speeds (1X, 1/2X, solar, and lunar). 1X celestial tracking for imaging the sky and stars; 1/2X tracking for simultaneous starry night and landscapes imaging
- Quick slew (180X max) for camera framing adjustments
- Operation in both northern and southern hemisphere
- Built-in rechargeable battery with Micro USB port for power and charging
- Up to 24 hours of operation with rechargeable battery (at 20°C)
- 1/4" – 3/8” thread converter included
- Padded carry bag included
The iOptron SkyTracker Pro Camera Tracker is a portable, easy-to-set up automated tracker mount for use with your existing cameras. It is ideal for doing "Astroscape" or wide-field astrophotography shots, as well as starry night and landscapes at the same time. This SkyTracker Pro Camera Tracker by iOptron is made to easily adapt to your existing photographic tripod.
Upgraded from SkyTrackerTM, the Pro is more compact, small enough to fit on your palm, exhibits better precision, with silent tracking, and it even has a built-in rechargeable power source that runs for up to 24 hours of continuous operation. The improved precision polar scope maintains a fine engraved reticule, now features adjustable illumination with eight brightness levels. Used with iOptron's smart-phone app, quick and accurate polar alignment is just a joy to achieve.
The iOptron SkyTrackerTM Pro features four tracking rates, 1X or sidereal, 1/2X for sky and landscape, solar rate, and lunar rate. All 4 tracking rates work in both northern and southern hemispheres. iOptron added a quick slew mode with both forward and reverse to help quickly reframe your image, without disrupting your camera's position.
iOptron made big improvements on the SkyTrackerTM Pro’s removable alt-azimuth base, which features a precision bubble level, degree markings for the altitude setting, and a built in post for the azimuth control. You can also mount the SkyTrackerTM Pro head (without the base) directly to your existing standard photographic tripod with 1/4” or 3/8” threads. The SkyTrackerTM Pro is certainly a must have tool for any photographer interested in "Astroscape" or wide-field astrophotography.
There are optional accessories available for separate purchase. These include:
The iOptron #3305A Ball Head, the iOptron #3324 Counterweight Balance Kit, and the iOptron #3221 Tripod.