About the Celestron HD Pro Wedge...
The Celestron HD Pro Wedge is designed to support Celestron'''s fork mounted Schmidt Cassegrain Telescopes up to 11". The HD Pro Wedge provides a heavy duty, stable platform that is perfect for astroimaging and guarantees minimal vibration. A low latitude range of 0-90 degrees makes this wedge functional for use at the equator.
Built-in features of the Celestron HD Pro Wedge include altitude/azimuth adjustment controls with oversized knobs attached for easy polar alignment, a hand control holder that provides the option of placing on the wedge or the fork arm, a tilt plate for easier mounting of the telescope by simply rotating the scope onto the wedge, and a large 14 mm diameter latitude adjustment screw to add strength and stability while supplying less vibration and easier rotation with a heavy telescope.
Celestron HD Pro Wedge Features...
- 14 mm Diameter Latitude Adjustment Screw - Adds strength and stability. Does not flex or bend providing less vibration and making it easier to rotate a heavy telescope.
- 0-90 Degree Latitude Range - Low latitude range, perfect for use at the equator.
- Built-in Hand Control Holder - Allows user to place the hand control on the wedge or fork arm. Hand control won'''t fall off when fork arm is angled towards the ground.
- Tilt Plate - Recesses to fit base of telescope and base of scope drops into place just by rotating. Mounting telescope on wedge becomes easier.
- Heavy Duty Side Plates - More rigid with more material provides less vibration while imaging.
Celestron HD Pro Wedge Specifications...
Equipment Type: Equatorial Wedge
Application: Celestron HD Telescopes
Latitude Range: 0-90 DegreeCelestron Product Number: 93664