Explore Scientific FirstLight 4 inch Doublet Refractor On a TwiLight I Alt-Az Mount
- 102 mm (4") Aperture Refractor will reveal impressive lunar details ranging from craters to rilles, planetary features, and bright deep sky objects like galaxies, nebulae and clusters
- 1000 mm focal length, f/9.8
- Includes a 2.5" Hexagonal Focuser
- Model comes with a 25 mm Plössl eyepiece, a 2" 90° diagonal for more comfortable viewing
- Includes a red dot finder to aid in object location
- Built-in dew shield slows moisture build-up on the objective lens and reduces interference from ambient light
- Includes a TwiLight I Manual Alt-Az Mount
- Included adapter helps observers use their smart device to capture and share images
FirstLight AR 102 mm White Tube Refractor OTA with 1000 mm focal length and an f/9.8 - f/number optical telescope with fully-coated glass. Telescope package includes a TwiLight I Manually Controlled Alt-Az Mount. This package also includes a 2.5" Hexagonal Focuser; 2" - 90° Star Diagonal; a Plossl 25 mm eyepiece; and Red-dot Finder, plus includes a Smartphone Camera adapter. With this package, you are ready to start observing the wonders of the night sky, and discover the fun in the astronomy hobby for the whole family.
The Twilight I is a light-to-medium-duty alt-azimuth mount and tripod designed to quickly and easily accept small to medium sized refractors. The Twilight I alt-azimuth mount head is made of powder-coated aluminum and there are worm gears on both axes. The adjustable angle head can be tilted forward or back at a 45° angle to allow more clearance for your telescope so you can point it straight up for viewing objects located at your zenith. Slow-motion control cables are attached on the vertical and horizontal axes, and are easy to turn during the night, even with gloves on, due to the over-sized knurled knobs that are attached to the end of each cable. They can be attached to either side of each axis to accommodate right or left-handed users. The stainless steel tripod that comes standard with the Twilight I mount has adjustable legs and a wide foot print of 42 inches, which makes the tripod more stable. A spreader bar locks against the inside of the legs to secure the tripod.
Whether you’re looking to delve into the details of our solar system or explore inspiring deep sky treasures, the versatile FirstLight series has an observing package that will fit your individual needs. This Explore Scientific FirstLight 102 mm Refractor and TwiLight I Alt-Az Mount has the performance features you want.
Includes a Limited One year Warranty from Explore Scientific after registration.
|Focal Length:||1000 mm focal length|
|Adapter:||2.5" Hexagonal Focuser; 2" 90° Diagonal;|
|Optical Diameter:||102 mm (4")|
|Eyepiece (Included):||25 mm Plössl|
|Lens Coatings:||Full Multi-Coated|
|Mount Type:||a TwiLight I Manual Alt-Az Mount|
|Comes With:||Smartphone Adapter, One 25 mm Plössl Eyepiece|
|Includes:||Red Dot Viewfinder, Downloadable Software|