Early Black Friday Sale!
Limited time offer! Buy this Explore FirstLight telescope from Khan Scope Centre and we'll include four FREE gifts, including:
- 1.25" 2X Barlow Lens - Use with all 1.25" eyepieces for double the magnification
- Astronomer's Red Flashlight - Gives illumination without ruining your night vision
- Map of the Moon - Explore the Moon with help from this beautiful map
- Wil Tirion Double-Sided Planisphere - Find your way around the night sky
Explore Scientific FirstLight 100 mm Maksutov-Cassegrain Telescope On a Twilight Nano
- 100 mm (4") Maksutov-Cassegrain Telescope
- Generous 100 mm aperture has good light-gathering capability for viewing many night sky objects including planets and the Moon
- Focal ratio of (f/14) and Maksutov design provides larger images at the focal plane
- Model comes with a 25 mm Plössl eyepiece and a red dot finder to aid in object location
- Included adapter helps observers use their smart device to capture and share images
- Includes a TwiLight Nano Alt-Az Mount and Tripod
This is an Explore Scientific FirstLight 4" Maksutov-Cassegrain (Mak) Telescope On a TwiLight Nano Alt-Az Mount. This Maksutov design telescope has an aperture of 100 mm (4") and an f/number of f/14, for a focal length of 1400 mm. It is a white colored tube Mak-Cass scope with a primary mirror of 100 mm aperture. Maksutov-Cassegrain telescopes are noted for their higher f/numbers, and high contrast, sharp images. They are often favored by amateur astronomers who plan to do a lot of planetary and lunar observing, (i.e. well-resolved objects) because of their larger images at their focal plane and their high contrast performance. It comes with a 25 mm Plossl eyepiece, a Red Dot Finder, and a Smartphone Adapter. Includes a Twilight Nano Alt-Az Mount and tripod.
The Explore Scientific TwiLight Nano Mount is a handy, easy to use manually controlled Altitude-Azimuth mount for lighter telescopes. It is manually operated, thus has no electronics or motors. It has a knob which is used to move the telescope in the vertical (Altitude) direction, and a pan-handle which is used to move the telescope in the horizontal (Azimuth) direction. You point to - and track night sky objects with your hand using these controls.
This Maksutov-Cassegrain Telescope is a good scope for those who might be just getting started in the astronomy hobby. It has an aperture which is large enough to provide views of some deep sky objects, as well as the planets, and the Moon. It includes a smartphone adapter to help you use your smart device to capture and share images. This Mak telescope weighs only 4 pounds (not including mount and tripod).
Includes a Limited One year Warranty from Explore Scientific, after your registration.
|Telescope Design:||Maksutov-Cassegrain Telescope|
|Focal Length:||1400 mm focal length|
|Lens Coatings:||Fully Multi-Coated|
|Spherical Primary Mirror Aperture:||100 mm (4")|
|OTA Weight:||4 lb|
|OTA Length:||32 cm (12.6")|
|Eyepiece (Included):||25 mm Plössl|
|Mount Type:||TwiLight Nano|
|Mount Control:||Manual Operation|
|Comes With:||Smartphone Adapter, One 25 mm Plössl Eyepiece, Red Dot Finder, Downloadable Software|