Celestron PowerSeeker 60AZ Refractor Telescope
- This Celestron PowerSeeker 60AZ Refractor has a quick and easy no-tool setup
- Slow motion controls for smooth tracking
- Erect image optics - Ideal for terrestrial and astronomical use
- The 60AZ PowerSeeker from Celestron offers fully coated glass optical components with high transmission coatings for better image brightness and clarity
- 3x Barlow lens triples the magnifying power of each eyepiece
- Accessory tray for convenient storage of accessories
- “TheSkyX – First Light Edition” astronomy software with a 10,000 object database, printable sky maps and 75 enhanced images
The Celestron PowerSeeker 60AZ telescope is a great way to open up the wonders of the Universe to the aspiring astronomer. The PowerSeeker series is designed to give the first-time telescope user the perfect combination of quality, value, features and power.
Amateur astronomy is a great family hobby that can be enjoyed year round, and Celestron’s PowerSeekers are the ideal choice for an affordable and high quality telescope that will provide many hours of enjoyment for the entire family. PowerSeekers are quick and easy to set up – even for the novice. No tools are required for assembly!
Their sturdy equatorial mounts are perfect for tracking objects in the night sky, and the collapsible alt-azimuth mounts are perfectly suited for terrestrial (land) viewing as well as astronomical use.
All of Celestron’s PowerSeekers include a full range of eyepieces plus a 3x Barlow lens that provides an increase in viewing power hundreds of times greater than that of the unaided eye!
PowerSeekers are designed and manufactured using all fully coated glass optical components with high transmission coatings for enhanced image brightness and clarity. Erect Image Optics are ideal for terretrial and astronomical (sky) use. This telescope kit weighs only 7lb (3.18kg).
|Aperture||60mm (2.36 in)|
|Focal Length||700mm (28 in)|
|Focal Length of Eyepiece 1||20mm (0.79 in)|
|Magnification of Eyepiece 1||35 x|
|Focal Length of Eyepiece 2||4mm (0.16 in)|
|Magnification of Eyepiece 2||175 x|
|Barlow Lens||3 x|
|Star Diagonal||1.25" Erect Image Diagonal|
|Accessory Tray||No-Tool Tray with Eyepiece holder|
|Highest Useful Magnification||142 x|
|Lowest Useful Magnification||8.57 x|
|Limiting Stellar Magnitude||11.4|
|Resolution (Rayleigh)||2.32 arc seconds|
|Resolution (Dawes)||1.93 arc seconds|
|Light Gathering Power (Compared to human eye)||73 x|
|Apparent Field of View||1.2 °|
|Linear Field of View (@1000 yds)||61 ft (19 m)|
|Optical Tube Length||28 in (711 mm)|
|Warranty||2-year Telescope Warranty|