Celestron T-Adapter/Barlow Lens Universal - 1.25"
- The Celestron Universal Barlow & T-Adapter is three accessories in one!
- 2X Barlow: Use during visual observing to double the magnification of every 1.25” eyepiece you own
- Prime Focus Photography: Use the T-Adapter portion of this accessory to transform your telescope into a giant telephoto lens for use with your camera
- Tele-Extended Photography: Use the T-Adapter with Barlow to get double the magnification of prime focus mode
- The standard T-threads accept a camera brand specific T-Ring (sold separately)
If you’d like some flexibility in your astrophotography set-up, consider the Celestron Universal Barlow & T-Adapter (93640). This 1.25” accessory can be used three ways: as a 2X Barlow for visual use, as a prime focus T-adapter, or as a “Barlowed” T-adapter for double the magnification and the benefit of extra inward focus travel for scopes which do not have sufficient back focus distance.
The Universal Barlow & T-Adapter can be used as a 2X Barlow right out of the box. Insert any 1.25” eyepiece into the chamber and you’ll enjoy double the magnification, while retaining all the eye relief of the inserted eyepiece.
The Celestron Universal Barlow & T-Adapter can also be used for prime focus photography, which means you use the telescope as a photographic lens—a very big photographic lens! Just unscrew the bottom section of the unit to remove the Barlow and slide the chrome barrel into the telescope’s 1.25” focuser or adapter. Lock it firmly in place with the focuser or adapter thumbscrew. T-threads on the top of the adapter screw into a T-Ring (sold separately) that is designed to attach to the brand-specific mounting flange of your DSLR or SLR camera.
Barlow Lens Optical Magnification: 2 times the magnification of your scope and your eyepiece
Adapter Barrel Size: 1.25" (32mm)
External Length: 3" (76mm)
Weight of Item: 2.3oz (65gm)