About the Baader Bright Blue 470nm Bandpass Filter Round Mounted...
Baader Planetarium astronomy filters by far supersede the mediocre quality of common "flame polished" color filters. A fine optical polish and 2 mm thick glass allows the Baader Bright Blue Filter to be inserted anywhere into the optical path without introducing astigmatism or other defects. For instance, they can be used in front of a binocular viewer without degrading the image in any way. Substrates are free of striae and plane-parallel polished to within 30 seconds of arc. This eliminates any double images or ghosting due to wedge errors in the glass.
The filter cell features the largest clear aperture of any telescope filter on the market for complete freedom from vignetting at any focal length. The front "crown" incorporates milled notches, which makes handling and threading the Baader Bright Blue Filter an easy operation in the dark. All surfaces are treated with a 7-layer Multi-Coating, featuring a mere 0.25% residual reflection. It is the most elaborate coating ever applied onto amateur color filters, resulting in a filter free of any false reflections under any incident angle of light. Light is the hottest commodity for all planetary observation. Especially during high magnification work, whether you have enough light or not is the deciding factor for the recognition of the subtlest planetary surface detail, much more important than a horde of different filters of mediocre execution.
Less is more: 7-layer MC-coatings on the Baader Bright Blue Filter not only provide a brighter image, they prevent the softening effect of scattered light! Scattered light kills exactly those subtle features in planetary detail that you are longing to see. Painstaking attention to coatings and perfect optical figuring are simple reasons why the image contrast through these premium filters is so rock-solid.
Baader Bright Blue 470nm Bandpass Filter Round Mounted Features...
- Freedom from ghost images, even when stacked.
Striae-free substrates are polished parallel to within 30 seconds of arc to avoid wedge errors.
- Finest 7-layer hard multi-coatings on both faces feature 0.25% residual reflections (Baader filters are unique, no other colored filter incorporates anti-reflection multi-coatings).
- Extremely high transmission results in maximum contrast and isolation of planetary details, even with smaller telescopes.
- Efficiencies of the three longpass filters (Red, Orange, and Yellow) peaks at 98%, and efficiencies of the three bandpass filters (Green, Blue, Dark Blue) achieve 70%.
- Carefully designed spectral characteristics. Filters may be stacked without image degradation or ghosting, in order to provide even narrower passbands. Or, combine with any of the other Baader filters for interesting possibilities.
- No reduction in sharpness, even at high magnifications or when using the filter far ahead of the focal plane (ie, digital imaging, or in front of a diagonal or binoviewer).
- With the 2" size, only one filter is needed for binoviewing. Only Baader colored filters have the optical quality necessary for use this far ahead of the focal plane.
Baader Bright Blue 470nm Bandpass Filter Round Mounted Specifications...
Filter Type: Bright Blue
Format: Round, Mounted
Purpose: Visual and Photographic