About the Celestron Advanced VX Mount...
Engineered from the ground up with astro-imaging in mind, the Advanced VX from Celestron sets a new standard in mid-level equatorial mounts. The Celestron Advanced VX Mount provides you with many of the features found on Celestron's most sophisticated German equatorial mounts, at an extremely affordable price.
- Straightforward alignment process
- 30 pound payload
- Mount your choice of optical tube with either a Vixen or CGE (not Losmandy) style dovetail.
- Use your current fork mounted SCT optical tube.
It's easy: We can offer you the correct adaptor plate
- Precision tracking
The Celestron Advanced VX Mount was specifically designed to provide optimum imaging performance for smaller telescopes. Now your smaller telescope can take advantage of All-Star Polar Alignment and autoguider support. You'll be able to track through long exposures using permanently programmable periodic error correction. Image across the meridian without doing a meridian flip, so you can seamlessly image the best part of night sky. Advanced VX features significantly larger base castings than our previous design, improving stability under heavier loads. Improved motors offer more torque and can handle slight load imbalances with ease.
Experienced imagers will love taking the Celestron Advanced VX Mount to a dark sky site, with all the performance of their larger observatory mount. Or, if you're new to imaging, this mount will help you get started with the hobby and keep up with your needs for years to come.
Celestron Advanced VX Mount Features...
- Integer gear ratios and permanently programmable Periodic Error Correction eliminates recurring track errors from the worm gear.
- Motors offer improved tracking performance & provide more power to overcome load imbalances
- Updated industrial design offers more rigidity, less flexure and improved aesthetics
- New design allows viewing or imaging across the meridian without interference from the motors housings
- Improved latitude range. Can be used between 7 - 77 degrees latitude.
- Improved electronics with increased memory for future expansion
- NexStar+ hand control offers multiple language programming (English, French, Italian, German, Spanish)
- Dual mount saddle plate lets you attach an OTA with either a CG-5 (Vixen) style dovetail plate or a larger CGE dovetail. Please note that Losmandy dovetails are not compatible with the latest version of the Advanced VX
Celestron Advanced VX Mount Specifications...
Tripod: Adjustable, Stainless Steel
Tripod Legs: 2"
Weight (lbs): 46 lbs (21 kg)
Power Supply: Car battery adapter
EQ Mount Weight: 17 lbs (7.71 kg)
Tripod Height (Max): 64" in (1626 mm)
Tripod Height (Min): 44" in (1118 mm)
Tripod Weight: 18 lbs (8.16 kg)
Counterweight Bar: 12" Length, 0.75" Diameter lbs (5.44 kg)
Counterweights: 1 x 12 lbs
Payload Capacity: 30 lbs (14 kg)
Latitude Range: 7-77 deg
Motor Drive: Low cog DC Servo motors with encoders, both axes
Slew Speeds: Nine slew speeds, 4 deg/sec maximum
Tracking Rates: Sidereal, Solar and Lunar
Tracking Modes: EQ North and EQ South
Alignment Procedures: 2-Star Align, Quick Align, 1-Star Align, Last Alignment, Solar System Align
Communication Ports: 2x AUX ports, Autoguider port, RS-232 port (on hand control)
Computer Hand Control: Double line, 16 character Liquid Crystal Display; 19 fiber optic backlit LED buttons
Database: 40,000+ objects, 100 user defined programmable objects. Enhanced information on over 200 objects
Power Requirements: 12V DC 3.5A (tip positive)
Internal Clock: Yes
GPS: Optional SkySync GPS Accessory
Celestron Product Number: 91519