About the Celestron Advanced VX 9.25" Schmidt-Cassegrain Telescope...
The Celestron Telescope Advanced VX 9.25" SCT is an excellent choice for intermediate level astroimagers looking to gather 33% more light than the 8" telescope, but without the added weight of the 11" optical tube. No single piece of the Celestron Advanced VX 9.25" Schmidt-Cassegrain Telescope kit weighs more than 20 lbs, making it easy for one person to transport and assemble. This f/10 Schmidt-Cassegrain Celestron Telescope features Celestron'''s StarBright XLT coatings for better light transmission and a 6x30 optical finderscope for locating alignment stars.
About the Celestron Advanced VX Mount...
The new Advanced VX Celestron Telescope Mount was specifically designed to provide optimum imaging performance for smaller Celestron Telescopes. Now your Celestron Advanced VX 9.25" Schmidt-Cassegrain Telescope can take advantage of All-Star Polar Alignment and autoguider support. You'''ll be able to track through long exposures using permanently programmable periodic error correction. Image across the meridian without doing a meridian flip, so you can seamlessly use your Celestron CCD Camera to image the best part of night sky. Advanced VX features significantly larger base castings than our previous design, improving stability under heavier loads. Improved motors offer more torque and can handle slight load imbalances with ease.
Celestron Advanced VX 9.25" Schmidt-Cassegrain Telescope Features...
- 9.25" (235mm) f/10 Schmidt-Cassegrain includes StarBright XLT coatings for better light transmission
- 33% more light gathering than a 8" telescope without the weight of the 11" optical tube
- 6x30 optical finderscope for locating alignment stars
- Integer gear ratios and permanently programmable Periodic Error
- Correction eliminates recurring track errors from the worm gear.
- Autoguider port for long exposure imaging
- New motors offer improved tracking performance & provide more power to overcome load imbalances
- Updated industrial design offers more rigidity, less flexure and improved aesthetics
- New design allows viewing or imaging across the meridian without interference from the motors housings
- Improved latitude range. Can be used between 7 77 degrees latitude.
- NexStar+ hand control offers multiple language programming (English, French, Italian, German, Spanish)
Celestron Advanced VX 9.25" Schmidt-Cassegrain Telescope Specifications...
Optical Design: Schmidt-Cassegrain
Aperture (mm): 235 mm (9.25 in)
Focal Length (mm): 2350 mm (93 in)
Focal Ratio: f/10
Eyepiece 1 (mm): 25 mm (0.98 in)
Magnification 1: 94 x
Optical Tube: Aluminum
Fastar Compatible: Yes
Tripod: Adjustable, Stainless Steel
Tripod Legs: 2"
Weight (lbs): 59 lbs (27 kg)
Power Supply: Car battery adapter
Highest Useful Magnification: 555 x
Lowest Useful Magnification: 34 x
Limiting Stellar Magnitude: 14.4
Resolution (Rayleigh): 0.59 arc seconds
Resolution (Dawes): 0.49 arc seconds
Light Gathering Power (Compared to human eye): 1127 x
Optical Tube Length: 22" in (559 mm)
Optical Tube Weight: 20 lbs (9.07 kg)
EQ Mount Weight: 17 lbs (7.71 kg)
Tripod Height (Max): 64" in (1626 mm)
Tripod Height (Min): 44" in (1118 mm)
Tripod Weight: 18 lbs (8.16 kg)
Counterweight Bar: 12" Length, 0.75" Diameter lbs (5.44 kg)
Counterweights: 2 x 11 lbs
Latitude Range: 7-77 deg
Motor Drive: Low cog DC Servo motors with encoders, both axes
Slew Speeds: Nine slew speeds, 4 deg/sec maximum
Tracking Rates: Sidereal, Solar and Lunar
Tracking Modes: EQ North and EQ South
Alignment Procedures: 2-Star Align, Quick Align, 1-Star Align, Last Alignment, Solar System Align
Communication Ports: 2x AUX ports, Autoguider port, RS-232 port (on hand control)
Computer Hand Control: Double line, 16 character Liquid Crystal Display; 19 fiber optic backlit LED buttons
Database 40,000+ objects, 100 user defined programmable objects. Enhanced information on over 200 objects
Power Requirements: 12V DC 3.5A (tip positive)
Internal Clock: Yes
GPS: Optional SkySync GPS Accessory
Celestron Product Number: 12046