About the Celestron Advanced VX 6" Newtonian Telescope...
For those new to astronomy and astroimaging, the Celestron Telescope Advanced VX 6" Newtonian is an excellent entry-level setup that can grow with you. The Newtonian optical design of the Celestron Advanced VX 6" Newtonian Telescope is excellent for visual observing and offers you the largest aperture for the price. Combined with the Advanced VX mount and optional Celestron CCD Camera, you''ll have all the tools you need to learn the basics of imaging.
About the Celestron Advanced VX Mount...
The new Advanced VX Celestron Telescope Mount was specifically designed to provide optimum imaging performance for smaller Celestron Telescopes. Now your Celestron Advanced VX 6" Newtonian Telescope can take advantage of All-Star Polar Alignment and autoguider support. You''ll be able to track through long exposures with your Celestron CCD Camera using permanently programmable periodic error correction. Image across the meridian without doing a meridian flip, so you can seamlessly image the best part of night sky. Advanced VX features significantly larger base castings than the previous design, improving stability under heavier loads. Improved motors offer more torque and can handle slight load imbalances with ease.
Celestron Advanced VX 6" Newtonian Telescope Features...
- 6" (150mm) f/5 optical design gives excellent wide field views
- Parabolic primary mirror minimizes spherical aberration to produce a better image
- Integer gear ratios and permanently programmable Periodic Error Correction eliminates recurring track errors from the worm gear
- New motors offer improved tracking performance & provide more power to overcome load imbalances
- Updated industrial design offers more rigidity, less flexure and improved aesthetics
- New design allows viewing or imaging across the meridian without interference from the motors housings
- Improved latitude range, can be used between 7 - 77 degrees latitude
- Improved electronics contain increased memory for future expansion
- NexStar+ hand control offers multiple language programming (English, French, Italian, German, Spanish)
Celestron Advanced VX 6" Newtonian Telescope Specifications...
Optical Design: Newtonian Reflector
Aperture (mm): 150 mm (5.91 in)
Focal Length (mm): 750 mm (30 in)
Focal Ratio: f/5
Eyepiece 1 (mm): 20 mm (0.79 in)
Magnification 1: 38 x
Optical Tube: Aluminum
Fastar Compatible : No
Tripod: Adjustable, Stainless Steel
Tripod Legs: 2"
Weight (lbs): 56 lbs (25 kg)
Power Supply: Car battery adapter
Highest Useful Magnification: 354 x
Lowest Useful Magnification: 21 x
Limiting Stellar Magnitude: 13.4
Resolution (Rayleigh): 0.93 arc seconds
Resolution (Dawes): 0.77 arc seconds
Light Gathering Power (Compared to human eye): 459 x
Secondary Mirror Obstruction: 1.75" in (44 mm)
Secondary Mirror Obstruction by Diameter: 30 %
Secondary Mirror Obstruction by Area: 8.78 %
Optical Tube Length: 27" in (686 mm)
Optical Tube Weight: 10 lbs (4.54 kg)
EQ Mount Weight: 17 lbs (7.71 kg)
Tripod Height (Max): 64" in (1626 mm)
Tripod Height (Min): 44" in (1118 mm)
Tripod Weight: 18 lbs (8.16 kg)
Counterweight Bar : 12" Length, 0.75" Diameter lbs (5.44 kg)
Counterweights: 1 x 11 lbs
Latitude Range: 7-77 deg
Motor Drive: Low cog DC Servo motors with encoders, both axes
Slew Speeds: Nine slew speeds, 4 deg/sec maximum
Tracking Rates: Sidereal, Solar and Lunar
Tracking Modes: EQ North and EQ South
Alignment Procedures: 2-Star Align, Quick Align, 1-Star Align, Last Alignment, Solar System Align
Communication Ports: 2x AUX ports, Autoguider port, RS-232 port (on hand control)
Computer Hand Control: Double line, 16 character Liquid Crystal Display; 19 fiber optic backlit LED buttons
Database 40,000+ objects, 100 user defined programmable objects. Enhanced information on over 200 objects
Power Requirements: 12V DC 3.5A (tip positive)
Internal Clock: Yes
GPS: Optional SkySync GPS Accessory
Celestron Product Number: 32054