About the Celestron Advanced VX 11" Schmidt-Cassegrain Telescope...
For those looking to step up to an 11-inch optical tube, Celestron Telescope Advanced VX is a great option. Not only is the Celestron Advanced VX 11" Schmidt-Cassegrain Telescope Celestron''s most affordable 11-inch telescope, it is also one of the most portable. The Advanced VX mount is strong enough to support this optical tube assembly and a couple of small Celestron Telescope Accessories, yet weighs far less than some of our other 11-inch Celestron Telescope kits. As far as optics go, the 11-inch SCT gathers 41% more light than the 9.25-inch model. You also get StarBright XLT coatings for even better light transmission.
About the Celestron Advanced VX Mount...
The new Advanced VX mount was specifically designed to provide optimum imaging performance for smaller Celestron Telescopes. Now your Celestron Advanced VX 11" Schmidt-Cassegrain Telescope can take advantage of All-Star Polar Alignment and autoguider support. You''ll be able to track through long exposures using permanently programmable periodic error correction. Image with your Celestron CCD Camera across the meridian without doing a meridian flip, so you can seamlessly image the best part of night sky. Celestron Telescope Mount Advanced VX features significantly larger base castings than the previous design, improving stability under heavier loads. Improved motors offer more torque and can handle slight load imbalances with ease.
Don''t forget... Additional Celestron Telescope Eyepieces are also available - along with an extensive array of Celestron Telescope Accessories, too!
Celestron Advanced VX 11" Schmidt-Cassegrain Telescope Features...
- 11" (2800mm) f/10 Schmidt-Cassegrain includes StarBright XLT coatings for better light transmission
- 41% more light gathering than a 9.25" telescope
- 9x50 optical finderscope for locating alignment stars
- Integer gear ratios and permanently programmable Periodic Error Correction eliminates recurring track errors from the worm gear.
- Autoguider port for long exposure imaging
- New motors offer improved tracking performance & provide more power to overcome load imbalances
- Updated industrial design offers more rigidity, less flexure and improved aesthetics
- New design allows viewing or imaging across the meridian without interference from the motors housings
- Improved latitude range. Can be used between 7 - 77 degrees latitude.
- NexStar+ hand control offers multiple language programming (English, French, Italian, German, Spanish)
Celestron Advanced VX 11" Schmidt-Cassegrain Telescope Specifications...
Optical Design: Schmidt-Cassegrain
Aperture (mm): 280 mm (11 in)
Focal Length (mm): 2800 mm (110 in)
Focal Ratio: f/10
Eyepiece 1 (mm): 40 mm (1.57 in)
Magnification 1: 70 x
Optical Tube: Aluminum
Fastar Compatible: Yes
Tripod: Adjustable, Stainless Steel
Tripod Legs: 2"
Weight (lbs): 95 lbs (43 kg)
Power Supply: Car battery adapter
Highest Useful Magnification: 661 x
Lowest Useful Magnification: 40 x
Limiting Stellar Magnitude: 14.7
Resolution (Rayleigh): 0.5 arc seconds
Resolution (Dawes): 0.41 arc seconds
Light Gathering Power (Compared to human eye): 1600 x
Optical Tube Length: 24" in (610 mm)
Optical Tube Weight: 27 lbs (12 kg)
Telescope Weight: 95 lbs (43 kg)
EQ Mount Weight: 17 lbs (7.71 kg)
Tripod Height (Max): 64" in (1626 mm)
Tripod Height (Min): 44" in (1118 mm)
Tripod Weight: 18 lbs (8.16 kg)
Counterweights: 2 x 11 lbs
Latitude Range: 7-77 deg
Motor Drive: Low cog DC Servo motors with encoders, both axes
Slew Speeds: Nine slew speeds, 4 deg/sec maximum
Tracking Rates: Sidereal, Solar and Lunar
Tracking Modes: EQ North and EQ South
Alignment Procedures: 2-Star Align, Quick Align, 1-Star Align, Last Alignment, Solar System Align
Communication Ports: 2x AUX ports, Autoguider port, RS-232 port (on hand control)
Computer Hand Control: Double line, 16 character Liquid Crystal Display; 19 fiber optic backlit LED buttons
Database: 40,000+ objects, 100 user defined programmable objects. Enhanced information on over 200 objects
Power Requirements: 12V DC 3.5A (tip positive)
GPS: Optional SkySync GPS Accessory
Celestron Product Number: 12067