About the TeleVue 35mm Panoptic Eyepiece - 2"...
The TeleVue 35mm Panoptic Eyepiece has a large true field with plenty of eye relief for eyeglass wearers. When combined with a TeleVue Paracorr to correct the coma of an f/4.5 Newtonian, performance is spectacular across the 68 degree field. Imagine, sharp star clusters at the extreme edge of the field along with a 6.8mm exit pupil!
"Using my Wide-Field TeleVue Telescope Eyepiece design as a starting point, I looked to bring Nagler-like performance to the 60+ degree field class with the Panoptic series. The idea of a lens to "interface" between the TeleVue Telescope Eyepiece and TeleVue Barlow Lens struck me as the proper way to keep size, weight and cost to a minimum while improving edge of field performance even further. I later developed this idea into the TeleVue Powermate." --Al Nagler
Be sure to check out our line of TeleVue Telescopes, TeleVue Telescope Mounts and TeleVue Telescope Accessories. Don''t forget TeleVue Telescope Eyepieces, TeleVue Dioptrx and TeleVue Eyepiece Filters, too!
TeleVue 35mm Panoptic Eyepiece - 2" Features...
- Adjustable and removable screw-type top allows quick, comfortable eye positioning
- Features multi-coatings, blackened lens edges, filter threads, rubber grip rings
- Perfect for any telescope size, type or speed
- Scalloped shape gives a positive grip
- Standard features include eyeguard cover and undercut barrel for extra locking security in the focuser
TeleVue 35mm Panoptic Eyepiece - 2" Specifications...
Focal Length (mm): 35
Barrel Size (in.): 2"
Apparent Field of View (deg.): 68
Eye Relief (mm): 24
Weight (lb / oz): 1.60 / 25.6
Field Stop (mm): 38.7TeleVue Product Number: EPO-35.0