About the Meade LS 8" ACF f/10 LightSwitch Telescope...
This award-winning 8" f/10 (2000mm focal length) powerhouse Meade Telescope is feature packed. Meade'''s patented automatic self alignment system aligns with just one touch of the power switch. Just flip the switch and walk away. It aligns itself. It's that simple.
Meade's best Advanced-Coma Free optics incorporated into the Meade LS 8" ACF f/10 LightSwitch Telescope deliver performance only seen previously in systems costing thousands of dollars more. With its standard Ultra High Transmission Coatings (UHTC) the Meade Telescope LS gives you the sharpest, brightest optical system for its size available at any price.
The included AutoStar III GOTO keypad computer on the Meade LS 8" ACF f/10 LightSwitch Telescope has an over 100,000 object library and guided tour functions. Includes Meade ECLIPS color CCD camera (640x480 resolution) which lets you capture images of your favorite celestial wonders and display them in real time on an external (user supplied) monitor or store them on a (user supplied) SD card so you can do CCD imaging with your Meade Telescope on the very first night out.
The included "Astronomer Inside" feature delivers over four hours of fun and informational audio presentations which can be heard over this Meade Telescope''s built in speaker, and 30 minutes of video presentations and animations plus hundreds of still images which can be watched over an external (user supplied) TV or monitor. Imagine being given a brief and entertaining video presentation on Saturn while viewing that planet and its fabulous rings for the very first time. The Meade LS 8" ACF f/10 LightSwitch Telescope truly does it all.
Eight (user supplied) C cell batteries will run the telescope for 3-5 hours, with a Meade Universal A/C power supply available separately for longer observing sessions. (See recommended Meade Telescope Accessories.) Includes a highly rigid single fork mount featuring aluminum construction with massive 4.875" precision worm-gears. Standard equipment for this Meade Telescope also includes a sturdy, adjustable height tripod with steel legs for great stability and vibration damping and a Series 4000 Meade 26mm Super Plossl eyepiece (77X magnification). Additional Meade Telescope Eyepieces available separately, compatible with all Meade and other brand 1.25" barrel size eyepieces.
Meade LightSwitch technology - bringing the fun back to Astronomy! This Meade Telescope changes everything...
Meade LS 8" ACF f/10 LightSwitch Telescope Features...
- Single arm fork Altitude-Azimuth (Alt-Az) mount provides rigid structure with large precision roller bearings on both axis designed to carry large OTAs.
- Precision worm gear drives with 4.875 main gears in both axis for smooth and accurate tracking and slewing.
- Long fork arm length to allow clearance with the base for most cameras.
- Runs on internal "C" cell batteries for 3-5 hours of portable field operation with hand control holder built into base.
- Off-On LightSwitch and USB and other ports for accessory equipment.
- Heavy-duty stable tripod with quick attachment of the mount
- 8" SCT optical tube assembly (OTA) provides 8" clear aperture with 2000mm focal length for an f/10 system.
- Standard SC threaded back cell that accepts most existing accessories designed for all Schmidt-Cassegrain models over the last 30 years.
- Integrated Sensor Module (ISM) with GPS and Level North Technologies (LNT).
- Electronically Controlled Locate Identify Position System (ECLIPS) CCD imaging module.
- Multimedia output includes professionally produced audio and video content for hundreds of objects and custom guided tours designed for your location, time and date.
- Multimedia presentations feature the voices of Sandy Woods of Star Date astronomy radio program and George Woods, Hollywood actor and the voice on many productions.
- Built-in speaker in drive base and audio out jack for audio instructions and object descriptions.
- Video out for video presentations and images of many objects, instant display of images from the ECLIPS imager and easy on-screen menu navigation.
- AutoStar III hand controller easily control telescope for automatic location of objects, tours and many other features including 100,000 object database.
- ECLIPS CCD Imager is an essential part of the LightSwitch alignment system.
- Sensitive wide-angle color 640x480 CCD imager for taking your own astrophotographs. Save your photos on a SD card (user supplied).
- With a video monitor connected to the video out jack, see real-time images of the objects you see in the eyepiece.
- New electronics provide full USB support for accessories like additional DSI CCD cameras.
- SD card slot for easy software upgrades and storing your astrophotographs.
Meade LS 8" ACF f/10 LightSwitch Telescope Specifications...
Optics Design: Schmidt-Cassegrain or Advanced Coma Free (ACF)
Clear Aperture: 8" (203.2mm)
Focal Length: 2000mm
Focal Ratio: f/10
Telescope Mounting: Rigid Cast-Aluminum Single-Arm
Optical Coatings: Ultra-High Transmission Coatings (UHTC)
Resolving Power: 0.570 arc seconds
Controller: Autostar III
Database: 100,000 objects
Finderscope: Red Dot
Eyepiece: 26mm Series 4000 Super Plossl
Pointing Precision: 3-arc min.
GoTo Pointing Precision: 5 arc-min.
Slow Motion Controls: Electronic
Slew Speed: RA and Dec:1x, 2x, 8x, 16x, 64x, 128x sidereal
Batteries: 8 x C cells
Power: 2V DC, 5 amp power supply (optional)
AutoStar Suite Planetarium Software: Included
Primary/Secondary Mirror: Low expansion borrosilicate glass
Correcting Plate/Lens: Schott Water-white Glass
Optical Tube: Aluminum
OTA Dimensions: 9" x 17" L
Telescope Weight: 30 lbs.
Tripod Weight: 9 lbs.
Tripod Dimensions: 25.5" to 43.5" variableMeade Product Number: 0810-03-10