About the MallinCam Xterminator Astronomy Video CCD Camera...
The MallinCam Xterminator Astronomy Video CCD Camera is the finest most advanced video CCD camera ever created for astronomical work by anyone. It has a new 14 bits DSP processor, dual preamps, and dual bias algorithm allowing continuous automatic adjustment of the CCD sensor regardless of the exposure. This MallinCam Camera also has the latest ICX828 EXview HAD II CCD ceramic sensor (CirDIP) available in Class 1 astronomical grade and Class 0 grade as an option. The new A/D converter to DSP has been reconfigured to deliver the cleanest image ever seen in a live video CCD camera even with short exposure times.
The custom designed MallinCam Xterminator software allows for simpler operation. The camera can also be used without a computer through the addition of the optional Wireless Exposure Controller (WEC). The MallinCam Xterminator Astronomy Video CCD Camera comes complete with our new, custom manufactured true 75 Ohms 100% shielded Video Cable/ 18 gauge power DC cable. 18 gauge wire is needed to deliver the current required to run the camera and dual heat dissipater/fan kit. The MALLINCAM Xterminator also comes with the new 5 amps regulated switching power supply with 5 outputs, allowing the powering of multiple 12VDC powered equipment (such as the MALLINCAM 8" monitor or any other MallinCam accessories running on 12 VDC) from one power source.
The MallinCam Xterminator Astronomy Video CCD Camera has a new sealed CCD chamber with a multicoated, 1/4 inch (6.71mm) thick, optical glass, along with special dual "O" ring seals. The sealed chamber is filled with Industrial / Medical Grade Argon gas to maintain an absolutely dry, dew and dust free environment for your MallinCam CCD Camera.
The MallinCam Xterminator Astronomy Video CCD Camera is a true video CCD camera running in NTSC (PAL available) mode, allowing the use of any monitor or TV with VIDEO IN to display its output. Its output can also be displayed on a computer by using the optional MCV-1 frame grabber. The MallinCam Xterminator is truly the most versatile Video CCD camera, unmatched in the industry.
The camera was designed for those wanting to use VERY short exposures to view live astronomical objects. The MallinCam Xterminator Astronomy Video CCD Camera can reach magnitude 17 with a 6 inch telescope in or about 10 seconds exposure under ideal atmospheric conditions with a short focal length making it the most sensitive Live Video CCD camera ever offered. One will rarely ever use exposures greater than 45 seconds to view live, full color, deep sky objects making this MallinCam camera ideal for any tracking mount - including ALT-AZ mounted telescopes.
MallinCam Xterminator Astronomy Video CCD Camera Features...
- Sealed CCD chamber with 1/4" optical multicoated glass
- High Grade Argon Gas filled Sensor Chamber
- New ICX828 Color EXview HAD II series Ceramic (Cer DIP ) sensor
- Large 1/2 Inch size MicroLens Technology CCD Sensor
- AntiDew Coatings on the CCD Sensor and internal Optical Window (a MALLINCAM Exclusive)
- New Holtek Dual Preamps configuration for greater gain (a MALLINCAM Exclusive)
- New 14 bits DSP
- New A/D converter configuration at the DSP (a MALLINCAM Exclusive)
- Correlated Double Sampling (MALLINCAM Exclusive)
- Good suppression of CCD output low-frequency noise is achieved through the use of S/H type
correlated double sampling.
- A high S/N ratio is achieved through the use of a AGC type dual amplifier, and high sensitivity is provided
by a wide cover range. (MALLINCAM Exclusive)
- An auto offset circuit provides compensation of output DC offset voltage fluctuations due to variations
in AGC amplifier gain.
- New Dual Bias Control for perfect control of the CCD sensor (a MALLINCAM Exclusive)
- Cooling Selection: OFF (idle), -5 C, -20 C via Software.
- Electronic Coronagraph
- 2 Level Gamma settings
- APC feature (Advanced Pixel Control)
- Color Bar Generator
- Text on Screen
- ATW/AWC/Manual White Balance Control
- Electronic Zoom in 8 steps
- Freeze frame
- Image Reversal
- Image Orientation
- Image flip
- Programmable BLC (Back Light Compensation)
- New 5 Amps Fully Regulated Switching power supply with 5 outputs
- New 25 foot MALLINCAM 75 Ohms 100% Shielded Video Cable with 18 Gauge DC wire (MALLINCAM Exclusive)
- HDX2-F fan kit included
- True Video Output via BNC at 75 Ohms, No computer needed.
- S-VIDEO Output
- Can be connected to ANY monitor with VIDEO IN (Composite or S-Video)
- Can be computer controlled via RS 232
- And a Whole lot more!
- Xterminate Sensor Dew
- Xterminate Dust on the Sensor
- Xterminate Long Exposure
- Xterminate Light Pollution Problem
Mallin Cam Xterminator Astronomy Video Camera Specifications...
Equipment Type: Astronomical CCD Video Camera
Sensor: ICX828 EXview HAD II
Coatings: Multi and Anti-fog
Optical Glass: 1/4 inch (6.71mm)
Cooling: HDX2-F fan kitMallincam Product Number: MC-XT