William Optics Super ZenithStar 103 Imaging
APO Telescope - Blue
- 103 mm Aperture, f/6.9 Imaging Refractor Telescope
- FPL-53 glass for color free Apochromatic performance
- APO Full Color Correction Imaging Telescope
- Compatible with 0.8 Reducer/Flattener - Optional
- Covers 45 mm full frame imaging circle, with Flattener
- 2.5" dual speed Rack & Pinion Focuser
- Color: Blue
- Includes mounting rings and Vixen style dovetail
- Includes CNC made Handle Bar for easy carrying
- Weight: 4.36 kg (OTA with rings and dovetail attached)
- Focuser drawtube travel: 2.5" / 35 mm
The William Optics Super ZenithStar 103 Imaging APO Telescope is available in Blue/White color.
The William Optics Super ZenithStar 103 Imaging APO Telescope is a high quality Apochromatic Imaging optical telescope with an aperture of 103 mm and a focal length of 710 mm or an f-ratio of f/6.9, without the optional Reducer/Flattener.
If you wish to take great astro-images with a high quality APO refractor, this William Optics Super ZenithStar 103 Imaging APO Telescope is a good way to obtain your goal. Its FPL-53 glass APO design provides images with extreme sharpness, clear details, great color, with superb APO grade color correction. If you add the optional 0.8X Flattener/Reducer lens, the focal length is shortened to about 560 mm or f/5.5. Then the image circle will be full frame compatible, and perfect for imaging deep sky objects.
Introducing a first innovative feature in the industry: Now this Super ZenithStar 103 Imaging APO Telescope from William Optics comes standard with a dust cover that has a built-in, clear Bahtinov Mask for perfect focusing every time. Simply remove the flat front cover plate, leaving the dust cover cuff in place on the scope. Point the telescope at a bright star, and focus carefully. When the bright central diffraction spike looks exactly centered between the other two spikes forming an "X", then your telescope is in exact focus for stars. Remove the dust cover cuff carefully from the objective end of the telescope, and you are ready to image.
While this telescope is described as an Imaging APO optical system, it would also make a good high quality telescope for visual observing with the right set of accessories and eyepiece.
What's In The Box:
- The WO Super ZenithStar 103 Imaging APO Telescope
- Two Clamshell-style Scope Mounting Rings w/ knurled clamp screws
- Two Adjustable Guide Scope Rings (Guide Scope NOT included)
- Vixen-style Dovetail Plate for mounting the scope
- APO (Apochromatic) design Objective w/ FPL-53 glass
- 2.5" Dual-speed Rack & Pinion Focuser with knob cover cap
- Dust Cover that has a built-in, clear Bahtinov Focusing Mask
- A CNC manufactured Carrying Handle Bar
|Telescope Type:||Apochromatic Refractor|
|Objective Aperture:||103 mm|
|Focal Length:||710 mm|
|Focuser:||2.5" Dual-speed Rack & Pinion|
|Camera Format:||APS-C, Full Frame formats|
|Image Circle:||> Full Frame (48 mm diameter), with an optional Reducer/Flattener Lens|
|Tube Length:||615 mm (Fully Retracted), 735 mm (Extended)|
|Tube Weight:||4.36 kg With Rings and Dovetail|
|T-Mount:||Interchangable Style for Compatibility|
|Compatible:||Canon EF, Nikon F, Sony E, Pentax, Micro 4/3|
|T-Rings:||None, T-Rings are available as optional accessories|
|Finder & Rings:||None, Finder scope and Finder Rings are available as optional accessories|