Vixen Sphinx SXP2 Mount With PFL Polar Scope
The Vixen Sphinx SXP2 Equatorial Mount was designed and built for the astrophotographer. Vixen's Sphinx SXP2 Equatorial Mount builds on leading edge innovations developed through decades of experience at Vixen, designing German Equatorial Mounts. The Vixen SPHINX SXP2 Mount and STAR BOOK TEN hand controller provide the astronomer with the best in portable GoTo technology. Vixen's Sphinx SXP2 Mount comes standard with the included STAR BOOK TEN controller.
This new generation of hand-held controllers features a high definition LCD screen and the technology to show you the sky before your mount and telescope take you where you want to go. The Vixen SXP2 Mount has a maximum loading weight of 50 pounds for astrophotography and 60 lbs for the visual observer.
Vixen Motors: The Sphinx SXP Mount from Vixen features belt driven motors designed to react smoothly and accurately, and they are designed to eliminate backlash. The micro slow-motion control assures you of smooth operation no matter what type of motion and pointing adjustments you are making.
R.A. and DEC: The R.A. and DEC wheels have 180 teeth. They are high precision machined wheels engaging worm gears made of brass for the most accurate tracking possible. The R.A. and DEC shafts are comprised of strong carbon steel. The rotational parts have 15 bearings. All this technology is integrated with overall design, to provides smooth tracking and slewing.
Unique Mount Design: The Vixen Sphinx SXP2 Mount is designed so that the mount body acts as part of the counterweight system. Another innovation from Vixen.
Polar Axis Scope: The New Vixen Polarie Polar Scope PF-L improves on the performance of Vixen's original polar scope. Using a 3 star alignment with a smart phone app, setting up your polar alignment becomes an easy process.
The STAR BOOK TEN is the most advanced astronomical hand controller available and is recommended for anyone interested in exploring the night sky. The innovative STAR BOOK TEN hand controller offers astronomical navigation with a large full-color High Definition LCD screen! The color screen is a detailed star chart that acts as a navigational and GOTO guide for the mount.
This Sphinx SXP2 mount from Vixen also includes the sturdy Vixen HAL130 SXG Tripod. The HAL130 SXG tripod provides ample stability and has no wobble points in its design. The HAL130 has a large base made to easily carry the Sphinx SXP2 mount. The tripod extends from 32" to 51" (81 cm to 130 cm) and weighs 12 pounds (5.5 kg). This solid support platform for the SX mounts is fabricated from aluminum and steel components. It easily adjusts in height and has a solid spreader/stiffener mechanism to provide that extra stability you need for doing astrophotography or critical visual work.
The Advance Unit is now available as an optional purchase. (Not included with this mount.) Installing the Advance Unit on the STAR BOOK TEN enhances your auto guiding capabilities. This allows you to view an image from a CCD camera, record or play back from an SD card, and adjust the shutter exposure controls of a DSLR camera. This would be a great option to purchase to improve your astrophotography work.
- Vixen Sphinx SXP2 Mount With PFL Polar Scope
- R.A. Slow Motion Axis: 180-tooth wheel gears; whole circle movement; 72 mm diameter; Material: Brass
- DEC Slow Motion Axis: 180-tooth wheel gears; whole circle movement; 72 mm diameter; Material: Brass
- Worm Gears: 9 mm Diameter; Material: Brass
- R.A. Axis: 40 mm Diameter; Material: Carbon Steel
- DEC Axis: 40 mm Diameter; Material: Carbon Steel
- Bearings : 15 Bearings
- Counterweight Bar: 20 mm Diameter
- Retractable Altitude Adjustment: 0 deg to 70 deg; (Fine Adjustment with Tangent screw: - 15 deg, 3 step elevation Approx. 0.8 deg per rotation
- Azimuth Adjustment: Double screw Fine Adjustment: Approx. +/- 7 deg; 2 deg per rotation
- Drive Motor: Stepping (Pulsed) Motor with 300 pps capability
- Controller: STAR BOOK TEN
- Power Consumption: 12 Volts DC, 0.45~2.2 A nominal, 0.6~2.5 A (Maximum)
- Controller: STAR BOOK Ten Hand Controller ; with D-Sub 9-pin Male Plug
- Maximum Loading Weight: 2216 kg/50 lb + Counterweights
- Counterweight: 1.9 kg/ 4.2 lb ; 3.7 kg/ 8 lb
- Dimensions: 13.5" x 14" x 5"
- Weight: 11 kg/ 24.25 lb (without counterweight)
- HAL130 SXG Tripod Weight: 12 lb
- HAL130 SXG Tripod Height: Adjusts from 32" to 51" (81 cm to 130 cm)