Vixen Mobile Porta Mount
The Vixen Mobile Porta Mount is a variation of Vixen's award winning Porta II Mount. This mount is easier to transport to your viewing site because it incorporates a unique multi-function fork arm which allows the Mobile Porta to fold much more compactly than its predecessors. This Mobile Porta Mount from Vixen also weighs in at less than 8 pounds! That light weight means this mount is ready to be easily transported to all of your observing sites, where ever they may be.
The Vixen Mobile Porta Mount is a solid altazimuth mount with an 8 lb payload capacity and features Slow Motion controls to make it easy to adjust pointing and keep your view sharp at the same time. This is very useful in searching and tracking celestial objects. The whole system is very stable, even when the tripod is extended. The mount head is removable, and can be easily taken off the tripod, to allow for a switch to a heavier tripod, or for special storage. In addition, this is a great mount for terrestrial viewing with a spotting scope or your astro-telescope.
Your telescope can be moved manually to get close to the desired position for an object you wish to view, and then fine tuned with the slow motion controls. The multi-function single fork arm folds without the need to use tools for easy transport and storage. Also, you will be able to set up your scope in minutes and it will always be a simple operation!
The direction of the multi-function single fork arm can be rotated at angles of 15 degree intervals so as to avoid having the telescope impeded by the slow motion handles. Additionally, the vertical slow motion control can move outward for added convenience. The Mobile Porta Mount from Vixen includes all the features of the original Porta II mount such as slow motion handles, friction stop system, and a removable mount head.
- Mount Description: Mobile Porta Altazimuth Mount
- Tripod: Aluminum 2 section adjustable - 28" to 51"
- Mount Weight: 8 lb including tripod
- Load Capacity: 8 lb (Optical Tube diameter less than 119 mm)
- Vertical and Horizontal Slow Motion: 1 Wheel Gears provides whole circle movement of axes
- Friction control system: Has tools for tension adjustment
- Fabricated from: Aluminum and steel components
- Telescope Attachment: Dove Tail Plate
- Accessories: Slow Motion Handles (2), Built in Tool Kit, Tray to hold eyepieces and cameras