About the Orion StarShoot Solar System Color Imaging Camera IV...
Astrophotography is an immensely rewarding hobby, but what should you start taking pictures of if you''re a beginner? Some of the best objects to start on are the planets of our own solar system and the Moon. Big, bright targets like Jupiter, Saturn, Mars and the Moon make wonderful models as they strut their way around the Sun on their celestial catwalk. The planets are relatively easy to locate and identify in the night sky, so solar system objects prime imaging targets for all astrophotographs.
The Orion StarShoot Solar System Color Imager IV is equipped with features that make it easy to take your own pictures of objects in our solar system. Its 1/3" format CMOS imaging sensor with a 1280 x 1024 pixel layout can take sharply detailed planetary and lunar astrophotographs. Each pixel is a mere 3.6m x 3.6m in size for exceptional image resolution in 24-bit RGB color. Since the 8-bit output StarShoot Solar System Color Imager IV is progressive scan, all pixels will be used for each and every exposure. At full 1280 x 1024 resolution, you can capture up to 15 frames per second. By stacking multiple exposures to create a single picture, you can increase image detail significantly.
The Imager''s 1.25" nosepiece is threaded for 1.25" filters, so you can use astrophotography filters and color visual filters to enhance your shots. The Orion StarShoot Solar System Color Imager IV features an integrated IR-cut filter to block both ultraviolet and infrared light. These wavelengths of light can degrade image quality, so by blocking them, the IR-cut filter helps to optimize contrast in all your astrophotos.
The Orion StarShoot Solar System Color Imager IV includes Orion AmCap software provides the means to capture images in the popular AVI movie format which are downloaded to your computer through its high speed USB 2.0 connection with the included 58" long USB cable. Website links are provided in the launcher to download popular free image processing software to be used with your AVI files to further enhance your astrophotos. Image processing software allows you to align and stack (combine) hundreds of individual images into a single resultant image and perform additional image processing to bring out subtle details or to make the image appear more pleasing overall.
Get the Orion StarShoot Solar System Color Imager IV and take your own shot of the Moon and planets!
Orion StarShoot Solar System Color Imaging Camera IV Features...
- Now Mac Compatible! You can now use the popular Orion StarShoot Solar System Color Imager IV with an Apple computer! Included imaging and processing software is now compatible with Apple Mac OS X systems as well as Windows 8, 7, Vista (32 bit & 64 bit), and XP operating systems.
- Our fourth generation planetary imaging camera provides an affordable way to acquire stunning astrophotos of our neighbors in the solar system
- Features a 1/3" format color CMOS imaging chip with a very small 3.6 microns x 3.6 microns pixel size for exceptional resolution
- Camera sensor features a 1280 x 1024 pixel layout with 1.3 megapixel resolution, progressive scan imaging uses all pixels for each exposure
- Features a 1.25" nosepiece threaded for 1.25" filters so you can enhance your astrophotos easily
Orion StarShoot Solar System Color Imaging Camera IV Specifications...
Best for imaging: Lunar & planetary
Imaging sensor: 1.3MP Micron Color CMOS sensor
Imaging sensor size: 1/3"
Pixel array: 1280 x 1024 (1,310,720 total)
Pixel size: 3.6 x 3.6
Imaging chip: Single Shot Color
Video frame rate: Up to 15 Frames per second at 1280 x 1024
Autoguider capability: No
A/D conversion: 8 bit
Thermoelectric cooling: No
IR filter: Yes
Mounting: 1.25" nozzle
USB connection: High-speed 2.0 and 1.1
Software compatibility: Windows XP/Vista/7/8/Max OS X
Warranty: One yearOrion Product Number: 52175