About the Sky-Watcher StarGate 18" Dobsonian Reflector Telescope...
The Skywatcher StarGate-450P 18" f/4.1 Truss Tube Dobsonian is an ultraportable Deep Sky and Planetary SkyWatcher Dobsonian Telescope. If you want the best of both worlds - aperture and portability - this Sky-Watcher Telescope delivers on both counts.
Sky-Watcher StarGate 18" Dobsonian Reflector Telescope Features...
- The new Sky-Watcher StarGate 450p Dobsonian with its huge 18" aperture provides the ultimate WOW! factor for visual astronomy enthusiasts.
- Features a newly developed mirror with with glass ribs fused together in an oven, not glued.
- The elegant and rigid all metal truss-tube design is easily transportable when unassembled and can be assembled ready for use in less than 20 minutes.
- The mount provides smooth manual operation in both Alt and Azimuth axes.
- Delivers outstanding performance on Planetary and Deep-Sky targets.
- Includes a cloth light shroud with supporting ribs.
- News just in! Skywatcher have confirmed a GOTO upgrade kit for the Stargate 450p is in the pipeline (easy to fit too, it replaces only one side bearing).
Sky-Watcher StarGate 18" Dobsonian Reflector Telescope Specifications...
Magnifications (with Eyepieces supplied): x68 & x190
Highest Practical Power (Potential): x916
Diameter of Primary Mirror: 458mm
Telescope Focal Length: 1900mm (f/4.1)
Eyepieces Supplied: 10mm (1.25") & 28mm (2)
Collimating Eyepiece (1.25")
Dual-Speed 2" Crayford Focuser with 1.25" adaptor
Parabolic Primary Mirror (Patented weight saving design)
120mm Secondary Mirror
Direct SLR Camera Connection
Alt-Azimuth mount (Metal construction)
31% more Light Gathering than 400mm
Overall Weight 50kgSky-Watcher Product Number: 31070