About the Coronado SolarMax II 90
Coronado has developed a series of Coronado Solar Telescopes as a result of the often asked question, "What is the best telescope to use with a Coronado filter?" While almost all refractors and most reflecting telescopes can be used with a Coronado filter, no other telescope has been designed with all its optical aberrations and coatings optimised at H-Alpha. Most nighttime telescopes, when used at H-alpha, will not have the image contrast exhibited by a SolarMax II 90 Solar Telescope nor the image quality. Most broadband coatings, used on such telescopes, will have reduced effectiveness at this wavelength and telescopesYear Coronado Warranty. (particularly reflectors) not specifically designed for Solar viewing, will exhibit unnecessary scattering and spurious light transmission. All of the Coronado Solar Telescopes, even the PST, have been designed with this one wavelength of light in mind and will increase contrast and give you a darker background for viewing and imaging.
"Why buy a telescope that can only look at one object?" The Sun in H-A is the most dynamic object you will ever see while pointing a telescope skywards. Constantly changing and never repeating itself the Sun through a SolarMax II 90 Solar Telescope will hold your attention for a lifetime. Coronado telescopes serve to enhance that view for you, your family, and friends. The Coronado Solar Telescopes provide an easy and portable set up that is always ready right out of the box. For those looking for more aperture we proudly present the SolarMax II 90 dedicated H-alpha telescope. Built to our exacting standards the SolarMax II 90's provides the user a Coronado Solar Telescope with the same lightweight portability of the SolarMax 60 but the extra aperture greatly increases the resolution of detail on the surface and on the limb. With over twice the surface area of the SolarMax II 60 the difference is obvious.
The SolarMax II 90 Solar Telescope is the largest H-A Coronado Solar Telescope ever to be mass-produced and is in use around the world from private observatories to professional research facilities. Noted for incredibly sharp, ''contrasty'' H-Alpha views, and stunning detail. Even when viewing with a single eyepiece the sun appears fully animated even revealing hints of curvature, this effect is enhanced when used with bino-viewers. The SolarMax II 90 is compatible with most imaging systems and amateur astronomers have produced images that rival those gathered by multi million dollar systems. Enhance the view even more when you use Coronado Cemax Solar Telescope Eyepieces!
This SolarMax II 90 Solar Telescope is a handsome aluminum and black f/8.8 refractor with 800 mm focal length and 90 mm aperture. Its purpose is simple. The Coronado SolarMax 90 Coronado Solar Telescope SolarMax 90 was intended to do much than just reveal sunspots... it was meant for studying prominences, flares, granulation and more. The achromatic doublet lens designed by Dick Buchroeder utilizes special multi-layer anti reflection coatings on all air-glass surfaces to optimize anti-ghosting. This is an important feature when observing such a bright target as the Sun. Safety issues include hard vacuum-deposited. non-degenerating coatings. This means not only are you assured your vision is protected but your Coronado Solar Telescope investment as well. The Coronado SolarMax 90, when properly cared for, will last a lifetime.
At the heart of the Coronado SolarMax 90 Coronado Solar Telescope objective lens and a 30 mm clear aperture blocking filter incorporated into the diagonal. The solar filter has a Coronado Solar Telescope to give full disk views of the Sun.
On the outside, the SolarMax II 90 Solar Telescope Coronado Solar Telescope objective lens you'll find the RichView tuner which mechanically tilts the filter's bandpass of the h-alpha line. This allows observance of Doppler-shifted solar activity, such as moving flares!
Coronado SolarMax II 90
- Manual 1.25" drawtube which extends for coarse focusing and secondary helical focusing ring around the drawtube is then used to provide the appropriate final fine focusing
- Custom-built to optimize the performance of the SolarMax 90 Hydrogen-Alpha solar filter
- Achromatic doublet lens designed by Dick Buchroeder utilizes special multi-layer antireflection coatings on all air-glass surfaces to optimize anti-ghosting
- RichView tuner which mechanically tilts the filter''s bandpass of the h-alpha line allowing observance of Doppler-shifted solar activity
- Handsome aluminum and black f/8.8 refractor with 800mm focal length and 90mm aperture
- Compatible with most imaging systems and amateur astronomers have produced images that rival those gathered by multi million dollar systems
- An easy and portable set up that is always ready right out of the box
- Stunning bright red views through a Coronado Ha telescope display astounding surface and limb detail especially when the Sun is in an active phase
- Powerful but very portable, this high resolution Solar Telescope offers dedicated visual observation of the Sun as well as high quality imaging
- Tune for the highest contrast views of active regions, flares, filaments, and other surface detail, or quickly and easily re-tune for prominences on the solar limb
- Package includes Cemax eyepiece set, hard travel case, Sol Ranger, clamshell mounting rings and five year warranty
Coronado SolarMax II 90
Optics Type: Dedicated H-Alpha Solar Refractor Telescope
Aperture: 90 mm (3.54")
Focal Length: 800 mm (31.5")
Focal Ratio: f/8.8
Thermal Stability: 0.005 A/C
Blocking: Full blocking >105 from EUV to far IR
Wavelength: 6562.8A (H alpha)
Focuser: 1.25" Manual - Helical Secondary
Eyepieces: Included Cemax Set - 10 mm, 18 mm, 25 mm
Barlow: 1.25" Cemax
Mounting Rings: Clamshell
Coatings: Full multi-coatings - hard vacuum-deposited. non-degenerating
Tripod Adaptable: 1/4"-20 Thread Tripod Adapter
Case: Dexluxe Hard Carrying Case
Coronado Product Number: SMT90-30