About the Coronado SolarMax II 90
The Coronado SolarMax II 90 is designed to do much more than merely show you sunspots, as an ordinary white light solar filter can. The SolarMax II 90 will reveal the ever-changing tapestry of prominences leaping off the edges of the solar disk, the explosive upheavals of flares on the face of the Sun, and the subtle mottling of granulation across the face of this nearest of stars in gorgeous detail. The solar filter has a <0.7 angstrom bandpass, centered on the 6562.8 angstrom H-Alpha line. The sub-angstrom passband width gives you an ideal balance of prominence and surface detail alike. The filter is thermally stable, so the SolarMax II 90 will not drift off the H-Alpha line as the filter heats up during use. The 15mm clear aperture of the blocking filter built into the star diagonal of the SolarMax II 90 is designed to provide full disk views of the Sun for visual use and imaging.
Designed and Manufactured in North America.
The Meade Coronado SolarMax II represents a breakthrough in solar observing with the RichView tuning assembly. This patented system allows direct tuning of the primary filter etalon. You can tune for the highest contrast views of active regions, flares, filaments, and other surface detail, or quickly and easily re-tune for prominences on the solar limb. The stunning bright red views through a Coronado Ha telescope display astounding surface and limb detail especially when the Sun is in an active phase.
This very high quality 90mm Solar Telescope acts as a personal solar observatory featuring an 800mm focal length and f/8.8 focal ratio with a 15mm blocking filter with sub 0.7mm angstrom bandwidth filtering. Includes mounting rings with ¼-20 tapped holes, Cemax 25mm eyepiece, Sol Ranger solar finder and carry case. Dovetail rail, mount, and tripod required (sold separately).
Coronado assures that all solar filters and solar telescopes are tested at specialized labs that are accredited to verify compliance with the ISO 12312-2 safety specifications for solar viewing.
Coronado SolarMax II 90 Highlights
- Custom-built to optimize the performance of the SolarMax 90 Hydrogen-Alpha solar filter
- Achromatic doublet lens designed by Dick Buchroeder utilizes special multi-layer antireflection coatings on all air-glass surfaces to optimize anti-ghosting
- RichView tuner which mechanically tilts the filter''s bandpass of the h-alpha line allowing observance of Doppler-shifted solar activity
- Handsome aluminum and black f/8.8 refractor with 800 mm focal length and 90 mm aperture
- Compatible with most imaging systems and amateur astronomers have produced images that rival those gathered by multi million dollar systems
- An easy and portable set up that is always ready right out of the box
- Stunning bright red views through a Coronado Ha telescope display astounding surface and limb detail especially when the Sun is in an active phase
- Powerful but very portable, this high resolution Solar Telescope offers dedicated visual observation of the Sun as well as high quality imaging
- Tune for the highest contrast views of active regions, flares, filaments, and other surface detail, or quickly and easily re-tune for prominences on the solar limb
- Package includes Cemax 25 mm eyepiece, hard travel case, Sol Ranger, clamshell mounting rings and five year warranty
Coronado SolarMax II 90 Specifications
Optics Type: Dedicated H-Alpha Solar Refractor Telescope
Aperture: 90 mm (3.54")
Focal Length: 800 mm (31.5")
Focal Ratio: f/8.8
Thermal Stability: 0.005 A/C
Blocking: Full blocking >105 from EUV to far IR
Wavelength: 6562.8A (H alpha)
Blocking Filter: BF15
Focuser: 1.25" Manual - Helical Secondary
Eyepiece: Included Cemax 25 mm
Mounting Rings: Clamshell
Coatings: Full multi-coatings - hard vacuum-deposited. non-degenerating
Tripod Adaptable: 1/4"-20 Thread Tripod Adapter
Case: Dexluxe Hard Carrying CaseCoronado Product Number: SMT90-15