Three Must-Have Astronomy Accessories!
The Skygazer Astronomy Accessory Bundle from Khan Scope Centre includes three super popular accessories that any amateur astronomer would be happy to call their own!
First of all, the Celestron PowerTank Glow 500 Flashlight & Charger is a powerful red LED flashlight with three brightness levels, which is perfect for keeping your eyes dark-adapted any time you need a little helpful light while observing. What makes the Celestron PowerTank Glow WAY different from an ordinary red flashlight, however, is the 5000mAh 5V lithium-ion battery housed inside! Charge your smartphone or other small electronics when you need it, and keep it handy at the telescope with included straps.
Next, I don't care how high-tech you are, an actual physical planisphere and collection of star maps is an important accessory for any stargazer! The Celestron Sky Maps has been around a long time and includes a glow in the dark planisphere for the Northern hemisphere. Just align the date with the time located around the moveable wheel and you can see what constellations are up! Open to the star charts and you will see the location of brighter deep sky objects and the finer details of constellations. There are several so that you'll have a chart to refer to regardless of the season.
Finally, a Moon Filter....it's like sunglasses for your telescope! Anyone who has observed the Moon through a telescope, spotting scope or even binoculars knows how bright it can be, even when not completely full! Looking at the Moon without a moon filter blinds you to the finer details. Think of times you have been out in the snow and suffered a little "snow blindness", or when you've been at the beach on a bright day without your sunglasses. It's like that with the Moon, and all you have to do to solve the problem is thread this 1.25" Moon Filter onto any 1.25" eyepiece. Voila, Moon glasses!
Hurry, shop now and save 10% when buying the Stargazer Astronomy Accessory Bundle rather than each piece separately. You can read more about all three of these wonderful astronomy accessories below.
More About the PowerTank Glow 5000!
- The PowerTank Glow 5000 is a must-have 2-in-1 accessory for amateur astronomers: a red flashlight PLUS a USB power bank for charging mobile devices in the field.
- The "Glow" part of the PowerTank Glow 5000 is a Red LED flashlight that features three brightness levels to preserve your night vision.
- The reason this flashlight can be called a PowerTank is because it sports a rechargeable 5000mAh 5V DC lithium-ion battery to deliver a full recharge to smartphones when you need it...and you know you're going to need it!
- Turn the flashlight on and step through the brightness levels by pushing the power button, or press and hold the same button to turn on the charging capabilities.
- Celestron designed this flexible tool well. It is only 5.5" long and weighs about 6 ounces, and the body is squared off so that it won't roll away in the dark!
- The USB Type A output port accepts an included cable that charges smartphones, tablets, and other 5V DC electronics.
- You can mount the Celestron PowerTank Glow 5000 to a telescope tripod leg or other location by using the included mount straps. Check out the image that shows the set up; it's really cool.
- Silicone mount straps included to attach PowerTank Glow 5000 to your telescope tripod leg or other convenient locations.
Specifications for the Celestron PowerTank Glow 5000
|Battery Capacity||25 Wh|
|Charging Input||5VDC @ up to 1800mA|
|Charge Time (from flat)||3.5 hours (@ 1800mA)|
|Telescope Power Port||None|
|Car Battery Adapter Port||None|
|USB Charging Port 1 Output||5VDC @ 1A|
|USB Charging Port 2 Output||None|
|Light Panel||3 Red LED flashlight levels (low, medium, high)|
|Telescope Power Cord||None|
|Strap||Wrist strap, 2x silicone straps|
|Product Dimensions||140mm x 33mm x 33mm (5.5"x 1.3" x 1.3")|
|Product Weight||0.4 lbs (0.18 kg)|
|Included Items||Flashlight | USB charging cable | Wrist strap| Two silicone straps|
More About the Celestron SkyMaps
with Star Charts & Northern Planisphere
- Celestron SkyMaps Chart with glow-in-the-dark planisphere tells you which constellations are up for any date or time, and at a moment’s notice
- Seasonal star charts display the locations of the best deep-sky objects for summer, winter, spring, and autumn
- This SkyMaps Star Charts by Celestron is made with heavy card stock with a protective overcoat that will hold up to years of use
- Plastic spiral binding lets star charts lay flat for easiest use while observing the sky
- For use in the Northern Hemisphere only
Learn the night skies of the Northern Hemisphere with Celestron Sky Maps! This classic collection of seasonal star charts, topped off by a glow-in-the-dark luminous star finder or planisphere, has been around for years! It continues to be so popular because beginning stargazers as well as seasoned amateur astronomers find that this book provides most everything they need to find constellations quickly and delve into seasonal night sky treasures with ease.
The front cover of this SkyMaps Star Charts by Celestron will be used well and often! It is a planisphere—a rotatable star wheel that can be aligned with any date and time (past, present & future), resulting in a display of the night sky for that period of time. When the star finder is pre-exposed to light, all of the major stars will glow in the dark, mimicking the way they actually look in the night sky.
Inside is a collection of more detailed star charts for each of the four seasons. The charts are clear and concise, allowing you to find objects in the sky with your binoculars or telescope by “star-hopping.” An illustrated reference section provides information on various types of objects.
Celestron Sky Maps Star Charts and Planisphere are made from 13-1/4” x 11-1/4” water-resistant, heavy-duty card stock for years of enjoyment and use. A plastic spiral comb holds the pages together securely, but allows them to lay completely flat for easy use in the field. This set of Star Charts with included Planisphere will be a favorite asset to your astronomy hobby.
About the Sky Mentor 1.25" Moon Filter
- Threads into base of most 1.25” eyepieces
- Glass Optics for best resolution
- Increases contrast on the Lunar Surface
- Reduce glare and increase contrast of the Moon with the Sky Mentor 1.25” Moon Filter
- Also useful for extra bright planets as well as terrestrial viewing over sand or snow
- Plastic storage case included
- 1 Year manufacturer's warranty