Sky-Watcher Evostar 80 ED-APO
On an AllView Az-El Mount Package
- 80 mm ED-Apochromatic Refractor with Schott BK-7 and FPL-53 ED glass
- 600 mm focal length (f/7.5)
- Dual-speed 2″ Crayford-type focuser with 1.25″ adaptor
- 8×50 RA Erect-image finderscope
- 2″ dielectric diagonal
- 20 mm and 5 mm 1.25″ eyepieces
- Tube-ring attachment hardware
- Aluminum carry case
- AllView Az-El Go-To Automated Mount
This Sky-Watcher 80 mm Evostar APO telescope is a doublet ED-Apochromatic refractor that provides the finest images obtainable in this design and price class. This doublet refractor delivers dramatic, jet-black skies and faithful, contrast-rich views of planetary and deep-space phenomenon that are second to none. This scope is your ticket to exploring the wonders of the celestial sphere.
Due to their unobstructed aperture and textbook-like diffraction patterns and exotic optical properties, the ED-APO produces the sharpest, highest quality imaging obtainable from any telescope optical design. These breathtaking sharp, contrasty celestial views are coveted by experienced amateur astronomers.
Fortunate indeed is the amateur astronomer with a SW ED-APO 80 mm refractor on a clear night with transparent skies and a stable atmosphere. The Sky-Watcher ED-APO 80mm is a modestly wide-field telescope offering bright, wide swaths of sky in a single view. It is well suited for wide-field astronomical observation of prominent nebulae, star clusters and galaxies from a dark-sky location, or can be used as an astrograph for sky photography. This scope can also be used as a telephoto lens or a spotting scope for terrestrial viewing. The small silhouette of the Sky-Watcher ED-APO 80 mm makes for an excellent compact, portable telescope that travels easily, is light-weight, and fits into a small space.
As an astrograph, the S-W EvoStar 80ED-APO delivers superb performance imaging a wide spectrum of astronomical phenomenon. Sky-Watcher ED-APO refractors will provide exceptional viewing or photography. ED-APO optical design assures virtual elimination of residual “false color” (chromatic aberration) normally present in 2-element achromatic optics. Sky-Watcher APO refractors utilize the finest extra-low dispersion (ED) glass available, FPL-53. This results in the best color correction for an ED doublet objective for a telescope. Schott Glass is used by Sky-Watcher for the front crown glass element and also for the ED 2 lens element because Schott is the recognized world leader in glass utilized for precision optical lens systems.
The objective lens cell is light-baffled to reject stray, unfocused light. The draw tube is likewise baffled to insure optimum contrast. The tube interior is flat blackened to help prevent unfocused internal light reflections from reaching the focal plane. The optical tube material is aluminum, powder-coated reflective gloss black with gold fleck accent. The front and back cells are cast-aluminum painted white or black. The Sky-Watcher APO optical tubes come with attachment hardware that allows them to be securely fastened to compatible mounts with quick-release tube rings. All Sky-Watcher USA EvoStar's come with 2-speed backlash-free 2” Crayford-style focusers and quality foam-lined metal carrying cases as standard equipment.
The AllView Mount is a truly versatile mount, perfect for panoramic photography, videography and astroimaging. AllView is a fully automatic Go-To mount that can be paired with a variety of cameras, camcorders and telescopes.
- Capture full 360 degree panoramas with a DSLR or most point-and-shoot cameras
- Capture motion time lapse movies with your DSLR while the mount rotates
- When shooting video with a camcorder or DSLR, use AllView as a motorized panning head for smooth motion
- Attach any small telescope (using the standard 1.75” dovetail bar) and the mount’s Go-To electronics will find any of 42,000 celestial objects and automatically center and track them in your eyepiece
- Electronic shutter release — automatically triggers your DSLR when shooting panoramas or time lapse images*
- Dual encoder technology — allows you to move the mount by hand or using the hand control and without losing alignment
- 3/8” tripod socket for mounting to virtually any prosumer tripod
- Can be powered using 10 internally carried AA batteries for use in the field without the need for a bulky external power supply
- Motorized mount can be easily removed from the heavy duty tripod for easy transportation and storage
- Intuitive interface of the computerized hand control makes it easy to setup panoramas and time lapse images
- All brackets are included for mounting cameras and camcorders that use a standard ¼-20 tripod socket
*Note: The supplied shutter release cable works with Canon Rebel DSLR cameras. Optional cables are available for other camera manufacturers and models.
|Optical Design||ED Doublet Refractor|
|Optical Glass||BK-7 and FPL-53 (ED)|
|Lens Coatings||Fully Multi-Coated|
|Primary Aperture (mm)||80 mm|
|Focal Length (mm)||600 mm|
|Dawes Limit||1.45 arcsec|
|Rayleigh Limit||1.75 arcsec|
|Focuser||2" Dual Speed Crayford|
|OTA Length (Retract/Ext.)||22.5"|
|OTA Outer Diameter||4.56"|
|OTA Weight (with accessories)||7.3 lb|
|Included Finder||8x50 RACI|
|Included Diagonal||2" Dielectric Refl. Diag.|
|Included Eyepieces||25 mm LET/5 mm Planetary|
|Included Case||Yes, Aluminum|
AllView Mount Specifications:
|Payload Capacity (lb)||10 lb|
|Mounting Saddle Type||V|
|Power Type||AA/12 Volts|
|Computer/Drive System Info|
|Polar Align Assist||No|
|Pointing Accuracy (RMS)||5 arc minutes|