SharpStar 100 mm 4 Element ED APO Refractor
- The optical design is improved in this "second-generation" design
- 100 mm f/5.8 "quartet" doublet air-spaced optical design
- Includes one special ED lens
- f/4.3 full-frame reducer lens can be used
- The appearance becomes more stylish and streamlined
- Brand-new 3.2" dual-speed rack and pinion focuser, 10:1 fine focus
- New focuser: 3.2-inch focuser, plus a 360-degree rear CAA, and the angle adjuster
- 2" and 1.25" universal interfaces, M82 thread interface, M82 screw
- An M48 photographic taper interface is available, (sold separate)
- Angle adjuster for 360 degree rotation
- Universal (Vixen-style) dovetail bar with tube rings
- New attractive and practical handle
- Push-fit drawtube Dew-shield is provided with slidelock
- Includes a finderscope mounting dovetail interface
This SharpStar 100QII ED APO 100 mm Apochromatic Refractor Telescope will amaze any user with its 4 element (Quartet) ED design. The Quartet optical design makes SharpStar 100QII an excellent imaging and observing telescope with high-level optical performance. The image circle which it provides of not less than 44 mm makes the 100QII a good match to any full-frame electronic camera, giving you really unparalleled astro-imaging shooting quality.
The 100QII ED APO Refractor Telescope from SharpStar is their second - generation design of their original 100Q product. This SharpStar 100QII ED APO 100 mm Apochromatic Refractor Telescope features a quartet-doublet air-space design that includes one special ED lens and the full-surface multi-coating of optics is used.
The image circle of not less than 44 mm makes the 100QII a good match to any full-frame digital camera, giving you unparalleled shooting quality. The use of special ED glass offers excellent chromatic aberration control, not only in terms of high quality imaging, but takes observation with the 100QII into a new realm. In terms of its sharpness, contrast, or chromatic aberration control, it has quite excellent performance. SharpStar 100QI ED APO provides a wonderful observing and astrophotography system thanks to its proper focal ratio. The focal length obtained is 580 mm. This unique design incorporates a special ED APO lens for excellent chromatic aberration control, sharp stars and overall sharper images.
SharpStar 100QII-100 mm ED APO Refractor also offers an impressive focusing system as well. SharpStar 100QII has a two-speed 3-inch rack and pinion focuser with 1:10 focusing ratio. Compared with many refractors on the market, the use of a rack and pinion focuser offers larger payload and a stronger hold, so that your focuser will not slip when using heavy observation accessories or a camera. Worried about being out of focus or badly framed? The 360-degree rotator allows you to easily rotate the shooting angle and correct the framing to your own satisfaction. More importantly, its 3-inch focusing tube is more robust and more stable than most commercially available 3-inch focusing tubes. It also provides good upgrade possibilities for heavy-duty accessories such as large field flatteners. In addition, the newly improved load-bearing adjustment screw on the body of the focuser lets you to adjust your focuser according to the weight of the attachment, for a controlled operation.
- Model: 100QII
- Objective: 100 mm Aperture, f/5.8
- Focal Length: 580 mm
- Objective Type: Quadruplet Air-Spaced APO (ED)
- Form Factor: Two Doublets
- Resolution: 1.16 arcsecond
- Visual Limit Magnitude: 11.8
- Total Weight: 5.2 kg (Mechanical mounting parts)
- Net Weight: 4.3 kg
- Length (Dewshield Extended): 600 mm
- Length (Dewshield Retracted): 508 mm
- Main Tube Outer Diameter: 114 mm