About the Vixen R200SS - 200mm Newtonian Reflector
with Sphinx SX2 Mount & Starbook One Tablet
The remarkably fast 200mm (8") f/4 parabolic primary mirror of the Vixen R200SS Newtonian Reflector Telescope gives extremely sharp images with no chromatic aberration. The use of state-of-the-art coating technology yields the ideal surface for its f/4 primary Vixen Telescope mirror. The visual observer will enjoy wide views of deep sky objects.
The Vixen R200SS Newtonian Reflector Telescope large aperture and compact body make it ideally suited for astrophotography of nebulae, star clusters and comets. The use of the optional coma corrector allows for a sharp coma-free image from edge to edge, and the rack and pinion focusing mount, with an adapter, accepts 2" Vixen Eyepieces. The Vixen Telescope R200Ss includes Vixen'''s Dual Speed focuser.
Vixen's New Sphinx SX2 Equatorial Mount is the newest entry into the line of award winning Sphinx Mounts. The Vixen Sphinx SX2 Mount is simple to operate yet features high precision mechanics. The New SX2 Vixen Telescope Mount features the Star Book One Hand Controller. With this controller you can track objects with ease. Vixen's innovative Star Book Ten is an option that can be added to this Vixen Telescope Mount.
Star Book One Functions: Celestial, Solar, Lunar, and King's Rate Tracking, Slewing Speeds Variable from 0.1x to 999x sidereal , Backlash Compensation, PEC, Autoguider port, Screen Brightness Adjustable, Direction Keys, Red LED Light
Easy Secure Setup: The Vixen Sphinx SX2 Mount sets up in minutes. One bolt secures it to the tripod. Beginners and seasoned hobbyists will benefit from the portability of the Vixen Telescope Mount, the easy to use controller, the ability to download future upgrades directly to the controller and the versatility of placing a variety of Vixen Telescope optical tubes on this equatorial Vixen Telescope Mount with Vixen's universal dove tail plate.
Unique Motor Layout: The internal placement of the the RA and DEC motors in the Vixen Sphinx SX2 Mount allow the motors to act as a built in counterweight. Small Vixen Telescopes require no additional counterweights.
Retractable Counterweight Shaft: Constructed of corrosion resistant stainless steel, it retracts into the Vixen Sphinx SX2 Mount body for easy storage.
Vixen R200SS - 200mm Newtonian Reflector Telescope w/ Sphinx SX2 Mount & Starbook One Features...
- Large aperture and compact body make it ideally suited for astrophotography of nebulae, star clusters and comets
- Dual speed 2" focuser with 1.25" adapter included
- State-of-the-art coating technology yields the ideal surface for its f/4 primary mirror
- Great for Prime Focus, Eyepiece Projection & Afocal Imaging
- Produces extremely sharp images with no chromatic aberration
- Remarkably fast 200mm (8") f/4 parabolic primary mirror
- Remarkable 0.58 arc second resolution
- Includes Dovetail Plate, Tube Rings and Carry Strap
- Features the Star Book One Hand Controller
- Internal placement of the the RA and DEC motors allow the motors to act as a built in counterweight
- Constructed of corrosion resistant stainless steel
- Includes sturdy HAL130 tripod
Vixen R200SS - 200mm Newtonian Reflector Telescope w/ Sphinx SX2 Mount & Starbook One Specifications...
- Optical Design: Parabolic Mirror Reflector
- Aperture: 200mm
- Focal Length: 800mm
- Focal Ratio: f/4.0
- Coating: Multi Coated
- Resolving Power: 0.58 arc sec
- Limiting Magnitude: 13.3
- Light Gathering Power: 816x
- Adapter Thread: 60mm/42mm for T Ring
- Astrophotography: Prime Focus, Eyepiece Projection & Afocal Imaging
- Visual Back: 31.7mm Push Fit Compression Ring
- Focuser: Dual Speed
- Optical Tube Length: 27.5" (700mm)
- Optical Tube Diameter: 9.1" (232mm)
- Optical Tube Weight: 11.7 lb
- Accessories: Dual Speed Focuser, Dovetail Plate, Tube Rings, Carry Strap
- Mount Specifications
- RA Slow Motion/DEC Slow Motion: 180 Tooth full circle micro-movement wheel gear
- RA Axis: 40mm diameter, aluminum alloy die casting
- DEC Axis: 35mm diameter, aluminum alloy
- Azimuth Adjustment: Fine Adjustments: About +-7 deg; Twin tangent screws/knob: About 1.2 deg per rotation
- Altitude Adjustment: Latitude between 0 ~ 70, 3 altitude zone setting, Altitude Scale: 2 deg increments, Twin T Bar Handles: 0.8 deg rotation
- Drive Motor: Stepping (Pulse) Motors with 250PPS
- Loading Capacity: About 27 lbs excluding counterweight
- Weight: About 15.5 lbs, excluding counterweight
- Controller: STAR BOOK ONE
- Optional Accessories: STAR BOOK TEN, SXG Half Pillar, AC Power Source
- Vixen Product Number: 25076DS
Customer Note: Image may depict optional accessories.