About the DayStar Quark Hydrogen Alpha Solar Eyepiece - Prominence...
This new, All-In-One design of the DayStar Quark Hydrogen Alpha Solar Eyepiece marries high quality components of a telecentric barlow, adapters, snouts and Daystar hydrogen alpha filter into one simple assembly. Through design efficiency and optimization, now users can enjoy the known high quality optics of DayStar at an affordable price.
For use on refractors of F/4 to F/9, the user needn'''t worry about configurations. Just insert in your diagonal, add an eyepiece and view.
The DayStar Quark Hydrogen Alpha Solar Eyepiece contains a custom Daystar Instruments 4.2X telecentric barlow lens fully optimized in coatings and optical design specifically for the Hydrogen Alpha wavelength. This highly specialized telecentric lens offers superior field flatness.
Exact filter bandpass will vary based on final telescope application, so DayStar Quark Hydrogen Alpha Solar Eyepiece assemblies are qualified to show either prominence or surface (chromosphere). No specific FWHM bandpass is designated. Now observers can buy a filter based on their desired observing goals instead of their budget. Choose prominences and surface (Chromosphere) detail. Both are available for the same low price!
The fully optimized design eliminates the need for any adapters. The DayStar Quark Hydrogen Alpha Solar Eyepiece is all combined in one lightweight eyepiece sized device. The new, compact design configuration eliminates unnecessary components, weight and associated costs. We even reduced power consumption, so the Quark can now operate all day off a small, palm-sized optional battery pack. Baffles have been added to increase contrast and AR coatings are optimized for the 656nm wavelength.
DayStar Quark Hydrogen Alpha Solar Eyepiece - Prominence Features...
- 1.25" or 2.0" combo eyepiece snouts with safety indent slot directly into your diagonal
- Standard 1.25 eyepiece drawtube output with optional 2" and SCT accessories available.
- Brass compression ring to protect eyepiece.
- Uses USB power, 5v 1.5amp
- Includes 90-240VAC wall adapter with international plug adapters.
- Tuning knob allows wing shifting +/- 0.5 with detents at every 0.1
- LED indicator for power, warming, ready, fault
- 5 year warranty,
- Optional 8-hour battery pack available.
- Integrated, fully baffled 2 element telecentric 4.2X barlow optimized for 656nm
- Integrated 12mm blocking filter
- 21mm clear filter aperture
- Best performance with F/4 - F/8 refractors
- Full disk viewing possible on refractors up to ~450mm focal length refractors
- No aperture limitations. May be used on larger refractors for higher magnification views
- Ships in convenient Twist-Case for safe, dust-free storage.
- Not suited for off-axis application.
DayStar Quark Hydrogen Alpha Solar Eyepiece - Prominence Specifications...
Barrel Size: 1.25"
Application: For use on refractors of F/4 to F/9
Blocking Filter: Integrated 12mm
Clear Aperture: 21mm clear filter aperture
Power: USB power, 5v 1.5amp (wall adapter included)
Lens: Integrated, fully baffled 2 element telecentric 4.2X barlow optimized for 656nmDayStar Product Number: QRK-PRM