Nikon Monarch HG 8x42 Binocular
This is the Nikon HG 8x42 Binocular. Decades of design experience and expertise made Nikon a leading force in nature observing and enjoyment. Advanced technology, evidenced by an amazingly bright and sharp field of view, gives nature lovers, naturalists, and outdoor sportsmen the chance to observe nature and wildlife in all its spectacular glory and treasure each vivid moment. This unique heritage has led to the widely acclaimed reliable performance of Nikon Monarch binoculars.
The Nikon HG 8x42 Binocular incorporates extra-low dispersion (ED) glass which corrects chromatic aberration that causes color fringing. This technology results in a contrast-rich and high-resolution image. Phase-correction-coated roof prisms help to improve both the contrast and sharpness of the images. While realizing a wide field of view, the Field Flattener Lens System assures a sharp and clear view all the way to the lens periphery. The resulting binocular images will surprise and reward you every time you use these Nikon HG 8x42 Binoculars, whether in nature, sports, or other observing situations.
Superior waterproof/fog proof performance with a nitrogen-filled body that resists water pressure to a depth of up to 5m/16.4 ft. for 10 minutes and prevents fogging inside the optical system even in low-pressure environments, up to altitudes of 5,000m/16,404 ft. equivalent. This makes these binos great for climbing expeditions and other outdoor activities.
- Wide apparent field of view (60.3° for 8x42 and 62.2° for 10x42). While providing a wide field of view, the Field Flattener Lens System assures a sharp and clear view all the way to the lens periphery.
- Extra-low dispersion (ED) glass corrects chromatic aberration that causes colour fringing and realises a contrast-rich and high-resolution image
- High-quality multilayer coating is applied to all lenses and prisms while dielectric high-reflective multilayer coating is applied to the roof prisms, achieving a bright view of up to 92% or higher light transmittance, and natural colour fidelity
- Phase-correction-coated roof prisms for high resolution and contrast
- Scratch-resistant coating is applied on the objective lens and eyepiece surfaces
- Long eye relief design ensures a clear field of view, even for eyeglass wearers
- Lead- and arsenic-free glass is used for all lenses and prisms
- Turn-and-slide rubber eyecups with multi-click facilitate easy positioning of eyes at the correct eyepoint
- Diopter adjustment ring locking system prevents unintentional rotation
- Sturdy, lightweight magnesium alloy body
- Superior waterproof/fogproof performance with a nitrogen-filled body that resists water pressure to a depth of up to 5m/16.4 ft. for 10 minutes and prevents fogging inside the optical system even in low-pressure environments up to altitudes of 5,000m/16,404 ft. equivalent
- Soft-to-the-touch neck strap
- Objective lens caps are integrated to prevent loss
- Optional tripod adapter enables attachment to a tripod [TRA-3/Adaptor H (hard type)]
|Objective diameter:||42 mm|
|Angular field of view (Real/degree):||8.3°|
|Angular field of view (Apparent/degree):||60.3°|
|Field of view at 1,000 m:||145 m|
|Exit pupil:||5.3 mm|
|Close focusing distance:||2.0 m|
|Interpupillary distance adjustment:||56-74 mm|
|Prism Type:||Roof Prisms|