Meade Deep Sky Imager IV Monochrome Camera
This Meade Deep Sky Imager IV Monochrome Camera incorporates a 16 Megapixel 12-bit CMOS camera system. It was designed to enhance your astrophotography experience like never before. The 2-stage thermoelectric cooler greatly reduces thermal noise, allowing you to take long exposed pictures of galaxies, nebulae, and star clusters with your telescope.
The acclaimed Deep Sky Imager (DSI) camera series returns, and it’s more advanced than ever. Equipped with a 16 MegaPixel Panasonic Monochrome CMOS image sensor, regulated two-stage thermoelectric cooler, and 3.8 µm pixels, the new DSI IV is the ideal camera for all of your astrophotography pursuits. The low-noise, high-resolution, and fast USB 3.0 readout make this camera suitable for both deep-sky and planetary imaging, making it one of the most versatile astronomy cameras available today. Since this is a monochrome camera, the user will need to use appropriate color filters (for example, LRGB filters) in their optical imaging setup in order to obtain color images.
The Meade Deep Sky Imager IV Monochrome Camera offers immense value beyond the camera itself. It not only comes with its own high-quality, weather-resistant hard carrying case and AC power adapter, but Meade has also included a new version of SkyCapture camera control software. With complete camera control for all major operating systems including Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux, SkyCapture can run automatic image capture sequences for you directly, without requiring you to purchase additional software.
NOTE: The color image shown in the photo required use of external color filters in the optical system.
Deep Sky Imager IV Monochrome Camera Features:
- Pixels: 16 Megapixels
- Pixel Size: 3.8 μm x 3.8 μm
- A/D Conversion: 10 or 12 ADS
- Framer Per Second: 23 FPS at Full Resolution
- Chip Dimensions: 4/3" (21.9 mm diagonal) (17.6 mm L x 13.3 mm W)
- Shutter: Electronic Rolling Shutter
- Min/Max Exposure Time: MIN:0.15 ms; MAX: 3,600 sec
- Mounting Type: M42x0.75M
- Interface Type: USB 2.0 or 3.0
- Back Focus Distance: 17.5 mm
- Image/Video Format: JPEG, BITMAP, FITS / SER, AVI
- Binning: 1x1, 2x2, 3x3
- Spectral Range: 405 nm - 690 nm (with IR-Cut Filter)
- Built-in USB Hub: 2 x USB 2.0 Ports
- Power Supply: DC 5V over PC USB Port. External Power Adapter for Cooling System, DC12V, 3A
- Software: Meade SkyCapture (CD-ROM Included)
- Accessories: High-Speed USB 3.0 Cable; AC Adapter; 2" Nosepiece; Hard Carry Case
- Product Weight: 1.51 lb
- Product Dimensions: 3.4" x 3.2" x 4.1"
Minimum System Requirements:
- Operating System: Microsoft Windows, or Mac.
- CPU Requirements: Equal to Intel Core2 2.8GHz or Higher
- Memory & USB Port: 2GB or More; USB 3.0
|Camera Type:||16 MegaPixel Panasonic Monochrome CMOS image sensor Astronomical Camera|
|Assembled Product Dimensions:||3.4" x 3.2" x 4.1"|
|Assembled Product Weight:||1.51 lb|
|Power Source:||DC 5V over PC USB Port. External Power Adapter for Cooling System, DC12V, 3A|
|Operating Temperature:||-10C ~ 50C|
|Product Weight:||1.51 lb (0.69 kg)|