Meade 6" f/4 Astrograph OTA Features
- 6" Newtonian reflector optical tube with extremely fast f/4.1 optics, perfect for visual and astrophotography pursuits
- 2" linear bearing Crayford focuser features a 10:1 fine focus reduction for precise and repeatable focus
- Long 77mm back focus designed for attaching a variety of camera gear including a DSLR and coma corrector
- Compact optical tube only weighs 12.7 lbs and is 22.5" long
- Includes 26mm Super Plössl eyepiece, 8x50 finder scope, hinged tube rings, 2" eyepiece extension tube, and Vixen-style dovetail rail
The Meade 6” f/4.1 LX85 Astrograph Reflector optical tube assembly is a compact wide field telescope, with enough aperture to view a plethora of deep-sky objects, and features a fast f/4.1 optical system which is perfect for taking high resolution images of the night sky with very short exposures. Weighing in at only 12.7 lbs, it fits on most any Vixen compatible Alt-Az or EQ mounts.
With a 610mm focal length, pairing this telescope optical tube with a DSLR or other astro camera will yield a spectacularly wide field of view, perfect for framing some of those “showpiece” deep-sky objects such as the Andromeda Galaxy or the Orion Nebula. And with the 2” linear bearing Crayford focuser, trying pairing a low power 2” eyepiece to this telescope – the views will knock your socks off! The focuser features a 10:1 reduction fine focus knob, brass compression rings (so you don’t mar the barrel of your eyepieces or camera adapters) and a 2” to 1.25” step down adapter (also with a brass compression ring).
The telescope is designed to reach focus with any DSLR camera, along with a host of other imaging accessories, and the long 77mm back-focus helps ensure compatibility with various equipment. In order to allow visual use as well, a 35mm long 2” diameter eyepiece extension tube is also provided, allowing most all 2” and 1.25” eyepieces to work with the telescope.
Includes a number of accessories such as hinged tube rings and a Vixen-style dovetail rail, 26mm Super Plössl eyepiece, 2" eyepiece extension tube, 8x50 finder scope, and a cooling accelerator fan bolted to the rear mirror cell.
Depending on the size of your camera sensor, an optional coma corrector is recommended to eliminate the inherent coma in a reflector design. This would prove beneficial when using low power 2” eyepieces, or camera sensors above ~4:3 format.
Meade 6" Newtonian Astrograph OTA Specifications
- Optical design: Reflector
- Optical diameter: 152mm
- Focal length: 610mm
- Focal ratio: f/4.1
- Optics type: Parabolic
- Glass material: BK-7
- Coatings: Enhanced aluminum
- Resolving power: 0.77arc*sec
- Lowest useful magnification: 21x
- Highest useful magnification: 300x
- Highest theoretical magnification: 300x
- Limiting stellar magnitude: 13.5
- Optical quality: Diffraction limited
- Secondary Mirror Obstruction: 63mm
- Secondary Mirror Obstruction by Diameter: 42%
- Secondary Mirror Obstruction by Area: 18%
- Back Focus Distance: 77.1mm
- Tube material: Steel
- Length of optical tube: 22.5 in.
- Weight, optical tube: 9.9 lbs.
- Focuser: 2" dual-speed linear bearing Crayford
- Finder scope magnification: 8x
- Finder Lens diameter: 50mm
- Eyepieces: Super Plossl 26.0mm (1.25")
- Magnification with included eyepiece: 23x
- Warranty: Two year