Meade 12" LX200-ACF Telescope with X-Wedge (No Tripod) - 1210-60-07N
Couldn't load pickup availability
About the Meade 12" LX200-ACF Telescope
with Equatorial X-Wedge...
This 12" LX200-ACF has 12" diameter f/10 ACF optics (focal length 3048mm) and Ultra-High Transmission Coatings (UHTC) for maximum image brightness and contrast. Features the advanced LX200 AutoStar II computer system with 145,000 object library, multiple guided tours, High Precision Pointing capability with sub arc-minute pointing accuracy, Meade SmartDrive with Permanent Periodic Error Correction, and the X-Wedge for use during long deep-sky exposures. Please note that this model of the 12" LX200 does NOT come with a tripod. That means the manufacturer assumed you plan to mount the telescope and wedge on a pier or that you already own a compatible tripod.
Precise and quick star alignment is done near effortlessly with a level north technology alignment system incorporating a 16 channel GPS receiver. The Autostar II is flash-updatable via free downloads at Meade.com (optional cable required). The drive base of the Meade LX200-ACF 12" has multiple input and output ports including an RS-232 PC interface and jacks for a (user supplied) CCD Autoguider and illuminated reticle.
Mechanically loaded as well, the Meade LX200-ACF 12" features a primary mirror locking mechanism, which effectively prevents movement of the primary mirror during long exposure astrophotography or observing. Turn the lock knob located just above the main focus knob and the progressive-tension primary lock completely cancels any residual image shift due to mirror movement during visual, photographic, or imaging applications.
The Meade LX200-ACF 12" features the DC-servo driven super heavy duty double fork mount, the strongest and most rigid mount in its class. Fast slew speeds are from 1 to 8 degrees per second, and can be user selected at .1 degree per second increments, while fine slewing and photographic guiding speeds can be adjusted from .01x to 1x sidereal in one one-hundredth increments. The electronics are internally powered by 8 (user supplied) C-cell batteries which will typically operate the telescope for around 20 hours (optional Meade Universal AC adapter also available). The mount additionally has mechanical locks and slow motion manual controls in both axis if for some reason you found yourself without power.
The Meade LX200-ACF 12" comes fully equipped with a Meade X-Wedge, a 1.25" diagonal prism, Series 4000 26mm Plossl eyepiece, 8x50 viewfinder with quick release bracket and AutoStar Suite Astronomer Edition Software for PC.
Meade LX200-ACF 12" with X-Wedge Features...
- f/10 Advanced Coma-Free (ACF) Optics - Building from a classic RC design, Meade has created a new design with the same coma-free pinpoint star images and flatter field also reduces the astigmatism and eliminates diffractions spikes found in classical RCs.
- Meade Ultra-High Transmission Coatings (UHTC) - Increasing total light transmission and image brightness by nearly 20% over Meade''s standard coatings. Objects such as stars, galaxies and nebulae will appear significantly brighter.
- Oversized Primary Mirror - Meade primary mirror diameters are greater than their listed aperture, which yields a wide, fully illuminated field-of-view.
- Primary Mirror Lock allows you to lock the mirror in place preventing movement during long-exposure astrophotography.
- Smart Drive provides permanent periodic error correction (PPEC) on both axes by learning and averaging error over the course of one or more training periods, thereby minimizing guiding corrections during long-exposure photographs. PPEC is available on both axes and functions in both polar and altazimuth modes.
- GPS Receiver automatically inputs precise time, date, and geographical location to help quickly and precisely align the telescope.
- AutoAlign. Telescopes with Meade''s AutoAlign are smart scopes that know the night sky right out of the box. AutoAlign picks two alignment stars for you and places them right in your view-finder. Just center to fine tune your alignment and the wonders of the universe are at your fingertips.
- AutoStar II controller features "Hot Keys" for quick access to a 145,000 celestial object database. AutoStar II can be updated with the latest software upgrades, guided tours and timely objects like comets free at meade.com.
About the Meade X-Wedge...
The Meade X-Wedge is designed for long exposure astrophotography and imaging with Meade LX90, LX200, and LX600 models up to 14" diameter. This extremely heavy duty wedge allows for secure and stable mounting with exceptional vibration damping of larger Meade SC and ACF telescopes.
This precision CNC machined wedge is constructed from ultra-rigid aircraft grade aluminum with smooth, accurate altitude and azimuth adjustments. Thirty percent more stable than competing equatorial wedges, the X-Wedge sets a new standard for equatorial stability while allowing for tracking from horizon to horizon without need of any meridian flip such as required by German Equatorial Mounts.
Equatorial mounting is required for astrophotography and imaging exposures longer than about 5 minutes. The Meade X-Wedge is mounted between the telescope and the tripod (not included in this model!) to accomplish the tilt of an equatorial type mount that matches the observer's latitude and permits precise polar alignment of your telescope. The wedge allows the astrophotographer to align the telescope's axis of rotation with Earth's axis of rotation. This alignment prevents stars in your long exposure photograph from appearing as a long arc, trail or streak due to an effect known as field rotation. For images under approximately 5 minutes a wedge is not necessary, and the telescope may be mounted in the altitude-azimuth (alt-az) configuration normally used for visual observation. 24 pounds.
Meade 12" LX200-ACF Specifications...
Clear Aperture: 12" (305mm)
Optical Design: Advanced Coma Free (ACF)
Focal Length: 3,048mm
Focal Ratio: f/10
Telescope Mounting: Heavy-duty fork type; double-tine
Optical Coatings: Ultra-High Transmission Coatings (UHTC)
Resolving Power (Dawes Limit): 0.380 arcseconds
AutoStar Controller: Autostar II
Object Database: 145,000 objects
Viewfinder: 8x50mm with cross-hair reticle
Eyepiece: 26mm Series 4000 Super Plossl
Diagonal: 1.25" diagonal prism
Pointing Precision (High-Precision Mode): 1-arc min.
Periodic Error Correction: Both Axes
Permanent Periodic Error Correction (PPEC): Yes
Slow Motion Controls: Mechanical & electronic
Slew Speeds: RA and Dec: 0.01x to1.0x sidereal, variable in 0.01x increments; 2x, 8x, 16x, 64x, 128x sidereal; 1/sec. to 2/sec., variable in 0.1 increments.
Tracking Rates: Sidereal, lunar, or custom-selected from 2000 incremental rates
Tripod: Not Included
Batteries (User-Supplied): 8 x C cells
Battery Life (Typical): 20 hrs.
Power: 12V DC, 5 amp power supply (optional)
GPS Receiver: Included
True Level & North Sensors (LNT): Included
Time Chip: Included
Zero Image-Shift Microfocuser: Optional
Smart Mount: Yes
Smart Drive: Yes
Mirror Lock: Yes
Oversized Primary Mirror: Yes
AutoStar Suite Planetarium Software: Included
Primary Mirror & Secondary Mirrors: Low expansion borrosilicate glass
Correcting Plate/Lens: Borosilicate Glass
Optical Tube: Aluminum
OTA Weight: 34.66 lbs
OTA Dimensions: 14 in x 14 in x 26 in
Total Net Telescope Weight: 155 lbs.
Telescope Shipping Weight (approx.): 170 lbs.
Meade Product Number: 1210-60-07N