MallinCam SkyRaider DS16C LIve Video Monochrome Camera
Use the Discount Code "mallin" for Free Shipping on this MallinCam Camera!
The New MallinCam SkyRaider DS16M Live Video Monochrome Camera with Large Sensor is the newest in the SkyRaider family of astronomical video cameras. It includes the very latest Large CMOS sensor to deliver the increased sensitivity needed for astronomical observation and imaging. The New SkyRaider DS16M Live Video Monochrome Camera from MallinCam is ready for the most demanding applications in video astronomy, excelling at live observing of deep sky, filtered solar and lunar objects. The MallinCam SkyRaider DS16M is the most versatile video / imaging camera ever created for computer use. All astronomical targets can be observed live while images are captured or while video is recorded simultaneously, making this newest MallinCam a versatile observing device which will provide you with new opportunities for astronomical adventures.
The MallinCam SkyRaider DS16M utilizes a 16.3 effective megapixel, ceramic CMOS sensor of grade 1. The New type sensor measures 22mm (diagonal). The camera delivers high resolution images using all telescope types and a 0.5X two inch focal reducer is available as an option can be used to further increase the field of view needed for those spectacular large astronomical objects. The new sensor has significantly improved sensitivity in the near infrared light region, and it utilizes square 3.80µm unit pixels with high signal-to-noise ratio. Using USB3 technology is USB2 reversible, the MallinCam SkyRaider DS16M (Monochrome) delivers fast download speeds, near instantaneous to the computer, perfect for displaying live images, capturing long exposure images, or recording video files. A fan assisted passive cooling system ensures sensor temperature stability and super low noise ratio.
The New MALLINCAM SKYRAIDER DS16M camera's Panasonic sensor sensitivity is augmented by incorporating CDS (correlated double sampling). This feature ensures that the SkyRaider DS16M is perfect for astronomy and other dark field applications, as well as the bright field applications required for lunar, and filtered solar observing. The SkyRaider DS16M camera can be used to replace traditional CCD cameras since its unique features include high sensitivity low noise are found only in this MallinCam model.
By utilizing the MALLINCAMSKY Software application Dark Frame Correction feature, an internal Peltier cooler (TEC) is not needed. This results in the use of only a single cable from the camera to the computer's USB 3.0 port. The Dark Field Correction feature removes all hot pixels, warm pixels, amp glow and most dark current noise on the fly making this premier astronomy camera the idea choice in the field or in a observatory. The dark field correction technology has been implemented by MallinCam for all their SkyRaider Series of camera eliminating the need of a Peltier cooler.
Among other advanced features, a Star Registration System for stacking live images has been implemented. Taking images with super short exposures with a ALT-AZ motorized mount telescope is now possible while keeping stars aligned.
The Technology in the MallinCam SkyRaider DS16M Sensor is from Panasonic Technology makers of the most advanced CMOS sensors. MallinCam has introduced this new technology to the SkyRaider DS16M Astronomical Camera with Global Shutter Sensor.
- Global Shutter
- ADC Depth is 12 Bits
- Star Registration System for Live Stacking on the Fly
- Ideal for Motorized Alt-Az mounted telescopes
- Support and includes Full Trigger Mode
- Built-in Memories
- CDS (Correlated Double Sampling)
- 16.3 Mega Pixels CMOS ceramic color sensor 22 mm diagonal
- Number of effective pixels 4656 X 3518 (16,379,808 pixels
- Transfer method: All-pixel scan
- Progressive Scan
- Full HD Support (Monochrome picture output)
- Hand Selected sensor class 1 Scientific grade (Monochrome)
- Sealed Multi-Coated No IR Optical Window
- Pixel (μm): 3.80 X 3.80 square
- Connectivity USB 3.0 (USB2 compatible)
- Sensor Gain: Variable to 20x
- Sensor G Sensitivity: 2413mv @ 1/30s
- Binning Resolution: : 4640 X 3506, 2304 X 1750, 1536 X 1168
- Sensor: Panasonic v Maicovicon Series Super High Performance
- Size (mm) 4/3", 17.6472 X 13.3228 mm
- 4K2K Support
- Full Scan, Any Size Cropping
- Aspect Ratio: 4:3
- Total Number of Pixels: 16,845,920
- Guiding: ST4 standard protocol
- All Aluminum construction, precision CNC machining
- Hand crafted electronics assembly.
- One USB 3 cable operation,
- 5 meter (15.5 feet) long Premium USB3 cable
Included With This Camera:
||1.25" adapter included
||2" adapter included
||5 meter long (15.5 feet long) USB 3 high grade cable
||Operating & Processing software
||430 Grams (15.16oz)
||3.1 inch diameter, 3-1/4 inch long (78.74 mm, 82.55)