MallinCam SkyRaider-DS Live Astronomical
Video CCD Camera
Use the Discount Code "mallin" for Free Shipping on this MallinCam Camera!
MallinCam has created the next generation of Live Astronomical Video CCD Cameras. Not only is live (video) observation possible, the series of SkyRaiders can take images and video recording too! No one else in the industry has developed and pushed the envelope in an astronomical camera to this state of the art. MallinCam is the leader in the Live Video CCD camera industry and plans to stay that way for the benefit of astronomers in the amateur community and professionals alike.
The software package features the most advanced live video imaging system ever created. MallinCam has created the world's first software with the MC Dark Field Correction System, on-the-fly eliminating the need of a Peltier cooler under video operating application, and yet retaining the best low noise video image ever encountered on the market today. A MallinCam Advanced exclusive, the MallinCam Dark Field Correction feature is unique to the MallinCam SkyRaider Series of cameras. Images can be saved in the same manner or video files can be created with the same On-The-Fly Dark Field Correction. Among other advanced features, a live on-the-fly histogram make final image adjustment possible to produce the finest live image, with the option to save your view as a image or video file.
The MallinCam SkyRaider-DS features the world renowned Hyper circuit with a buffered variable gain. The Hyper circuit is used in their other camera designs and allows a user to increase sensitivity with low noise without increasing exposure time. A MallinCam Exclusive. Installation of the Hyper circuit in the SkyRaider-DS differs from other MallinCam cameras in that it uses a triple buffered electronic section to keep noise to a low level and still can be used with the Live MC Dark Field Subtraction for even lower noise. The MallinCam SkyRaider-DS features dual independent on board memory, ensuring separate video / imaging signal / data from the camera control through USB2 demand.
The MallinCam SkyRaider-DS uses a two stage step up voltage driver to operate the CCD sensor to its maximum sensitivity at 15.3 volts from a 5 volt source. This is another MallinCam unique feature.
- Handcrafted in Canada camera with a 24 hour burn-in
- Sony 1/2" ICX829 EXview HAD II Ceramic Class 1 CCD Sensor
- PC Win XP, Win7, Win 8, Win 10. Will include a separate Mac software.
- Up to one hour exposure ( you'll never need that long!)
- Hypered Buffered Gain circuit for greater low noise sensitivity
- Two stage voltage step up to ensure full CCD sensor sensitivity
- Dual independent memories for image / camera control
- 5 meter (15 feet) USB.2 cable included
- 1.25" C mount eyepiece adapter included
- Zinc Aluminum Alloy construction for unmatched durability
- Sealed multi coated optical window with 350 to 950nm range
- Grade 1 Industrial electronic components throughout
- 5 Volts USB operation at low 250 mA current draw
- 13.30oz / 377 grams
- Exclusive On-The-Fly Dark Field Correction
- Full live video mode, full screen selectable
- Full imaging capabilities
- Available with optional color CCD sensor SkyRaider-DSC
- This product is a monochrome camera, with CCD sensor SkyRaider-DS
- Equal to Intel Core2 2.8GHz or Higher
- Memory: 2GB or More
- USB port: USB2.0 High-speed Port
- Display: 17" or Larger Recommended
What's Included In The Box
1 - SkyRaider-DS camera body
1 - 5 meter USB 2.0 cable
1 - 1.25" C mount eyepiece adapter
1 - driver and software CD ROM