MallinCam Pro Dob II Camera Package for Dobsonians
Use the Discount Code "mallin" for Free Shipping on this MallinCam Camera!
The MallinCam Pro Dob II Camera Package is a whole new concept that addresses the real issues of using a Video CCD Camera on a Dob. MallinCam PRO DOB II is the answer. Increase your aperture electronically by 3 times instantly in color or black and white (selectable). See details never observed before with an eyepiece. Increase your observing experience and share views with others live! The Pro Dob II Camera Package from MallinCam is the perfect mate for your Dobsonian telescope and will provide many new astronomical experiences while you see more than ever before with your Dob!
Also included with this kit is the MallinCam unique 2" C-mount adapter and a MFR-3 Focal reducer, providing a much wider field of view and allowing the camera to catch the large light cone found on most fast Newtonian/Dobsonians and on larger mirrors with little or no light spillage. The MallinCam MFR-3 Focal reducer can be removed allowing a variety of other focal reducers to be attached through the C-mount threads on the front of the camera.
A unique "Focus StopGuard" (trademark) from MallinCam will prevent the entire camera from falling inside the focuser, which can cause serious damage to the secondary mirror and primary mirror. The New MallinCam PRO DOB II Camera Package for Dobsonians has a smooth and precise 2" diameter camera body that can slide in and out of the focuser to accommodate the precise focus point of the camera without having to modify the mirror mount or cutting truss tubes to alter your Dob scope to suit a camera.
NOTE: A focuser is shown in images for illustration only, NOT included in camera package.
Custom designed and made by MallinCam from aircraft aluminum and black anodized for durability. This new MallinCam Pro Dob II camera concept was designed with a 1/4" thick front mounting plate allowing zero flexture in the system while maintaining perfect focus.
A Sony ICX672AKA EXview HAD II sensor is used to maximize image quality with the shortest exposure possible giving exposure sensitivity of 40% increase above any other sensors in its class. Up to 17 seconds exposure is available with instant refresh and up to 5 times image stacking on the fly providing superior noise reduction. Color or black and white selectable among many other features.
The New MALLINCAM PRO DOB II includes a 2 meter long wired remote control unit that provides 12VDC input, video out, and RS 485 capability all in one cable, reducing the stress from many separate cables hanging from behind the camera. The camera comes complete with a C-mount MFR-3 focal reducer, complete wired remote control (w/ 12 Volts DC input, BNC output, and RS 485 ready), and 12 Volts car cigarette lighter adapter.
- On Screen Display (OSD): Allows full control of the camera menu
- Sony sensitive EXview HAD II plastic CCD sensor in a 1/3" format can exceed sensitivity up to 40% more than any competitors! ICX672AKA Sensor with Micro Lens Technology
- 960H WDR sensor Technology
- Stacking Mode is standard for up to 85 seconds frame average on the fly
- 32 Bit DSP Micro Processor
- Now includes RS 485 ready rear socket camera control
- High Resolution: Up to 700 lines resolution in B/W mode and 650 in Color even in low light condition
- 3D-DNR: Variable Digital Noise Reduction shows less "ghost" phenomenon on moving objects with less noise for a better image with less noise under low light condition. In-camera image averaging up to 85 seconds when set to 5 frame stacking (NTSC)
- WDR: Combines two fields which high shutter speed exposure are taking in bright light and low shutter exposure into one composite image to help see dark parts and bright parts of a image. This feature can extend shutter speed above 17 seconds without saturation. A MallinCam unique method
- HLI: Electronic coronagraph blocking bright light and leaving dimmer area lit
- Day and Night: provide clear images in low light condition. Allow black and white mode and color mode automatically or can be set in either mode manually
- AGC: AGC circuit automatically adjust the incoming signal to proper level. Improves performance in low light condition by increasing sensitivity. Extra gain has been made possible only in the MallinCam MICRO video ccd camera not found on competitors
- ATW: Auto adjust the white balance or can be adjusted manual
- BLC: Ability to balance faint object with bright object
- Full GAMMA selection of 0.3, 0.45, 0.6 and 1.0 range
- Mirror Function allow image orientation to suite any telescope
- Sharpness Control