Lunt Solar 100 mm Ha Modular Telescope - B1800 Blocking Filter - FeatherTouch Focuser
- Dedicated H-Alpha Solar Telescope with 100 mm aperture, and f-number = f/7
- Lunt Modular Telescope system for multi-use flexibility
- Lunt FPL53 ED Triplet Objective
- Optimized at 656 nm, view Ha events and details
- Internal Etalon allows a <0.65 Angstrom bandpass
- True Doppler Pressure Tuning system for optimizing visibility for Doppler shifted events
- Lunt B1800 (18 mm) Blocking Filter included
- 2" FeatherTouch Focuser included
- Lunt solar Eyepiece
- Dual-Mounting-Ring assembly, 8" Dovetail, and a Red-dot Finder/Handle
- Storage: Aluminum finished hard case with fitted foam
LUNT SOLAR SYSTEMS TAKES A GIANT LEAP FORWARD!
Lunt Solar has long been famous for manufacturing the best dedicated Ha solar telescopes and accessories. Now, they have "raised the bar" in the technology available to all astronomy enthusiasts, both for solar astronomers and for those typically doing nighttime astronomy. Features best-in-class resolution. In fact, now it is possible for astronomy enthusiasts to have the best of both worlds.
Lunt Solar Systems has produced their line of Modular Telescope equipment and they offer these telescopes in several aperture sizes. These instruments incorporate a design which allows you to easily convert one of their Modular Telescopes for either solar observation and imaging or nighttime, stellar-based observation and/or imaging work. One of these products lets you explore daytime (solar) as well as nighttime skies!
The Modular Telescope line of instruments from Lunt Solar Systems provides the high level of optical image performance you expect from this manufacturer, plus a great design for mechanical integrity, ease of use, quick and simple modification to alter the telescopes's component complement for either solar astronomy or for exploring the wonders of our night sky. Lunt now offers the avid astronomer the ability to enjoy an All-In-One telescope design which will serve multiple purposes and still offer you the fully portable travel scope with the versatility you need for solar and dark-sky work.
Lunt produced this advanced line of Modular Telescope equipment by starting with an optical OTA with high quality doublet or triplet objectives which provide the basic lens and tube assembly needed, but designed the tube so the user can modify the back end of the instrument to suit their observing needs. For Ha solar observing or imaging, the user installs the Ha Etalon module and their chosen Blocking Filter along with an eyepiece on the rear of the tube. NOTE: It is critically important that the user installs a Blocking Filter with the Ha Etalon (as with a dedicated solar telescope) for safe operation. A Blocking Filter is integral to the safe operation of an H-alpha solar telescope. For nighttime astronomy, the user removes the pressure tuned Ha Etalon. Then depending upon which model telescope you have, the user either re-installs their focuser without the Blocking Filter or installs a backing plate with a focuser attached to use their equipment for nighttime astronomy.
Then using a conventional star diagonal and eyepiece, the user focuses their instrument for a sharp stellar image. From there on, enjoy a good night of stellar and Messier observing! This All-In-One Ha and nighttime telescope from Lunt Solar Systems will be one of your best astronomical investments!
The Lunt Solar 100 mm Ha Modular Telescope is sure to delight all users, allowing viewers and researchers to delve into the fine details and surface phenomena of our ever changing Sun using its tried and true Doppler Tuning system. This telescope's 100 mm aperture is great for viewing many interesting details on our Sun. This Lunt Solar 100 mm Ha Modular Telescope features an FPL53 ED Triplet objective. This model includes the Lunt B1800 18 mm Blocking Filter and a 2" size FeatherTouch Focuser. It also includes a dual-mounting-ring assembly, 8" dovetail, and a red-dot finder/handle.
True Doppler Tuning (Pressure Tuning) allows for a shift into and away from the user, adding a 3D-like component to the viewing experience. While it has minimal effect on proms due to their being at the edge of the disk, it does have an effect on filaments and active regions on the surface. While looking at a filament at the center of the Sun the user can Doppler shift wavelength from the base of the filament to the tip, following the filament through it’s structure toward you and away from you, allowing for enhanced visual and imaging capability for the observer as well as a research tool for the avid hobbyist. The Lunt pressure tuning system provides an order of magnitude more precision for the tuning of the desired features than tilt tuning will deliver.
- Model Number: LS100MT/B1800FT
- Construction: Modular Refracting Solar Telescope
- Stacking Type: Single Etalon
- Solar Telescope Aperture: 100 mm
- Nighttime Telescope Aperture: 100 mm
- Objective Type: ED Triplet
- Solar Filter Tuning Type: Pressure-Tuned
- H-Alpha or CaK Telescope Bandpass: Less than 0.65Å
- Solar Telescope Focal Length: 714 mm
- Solar Telescope Focal Ratio: f/7
- Blocking Filter Included: B1800
- Focuser Included: 2" FeatherTouch
- Includes: Dual-Mounting-Ring Assembly, 8" Dovetail, and a Red-dot Finder/Handle
- Weight: 12.7 pounds
- Warranty: Lunt 5 Years